• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Loading stuck at adding extension Halide Bottlenecks

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since migrating to new Macbook with Apple silicon, I have had the frustrating issue of getting stuck at loading.  Specifically it gets stuck on "Adding extensions...Halide Bottlenecks".

I have read through numerous community support threads and none of the proposed solutions have worked.  
1. No files of any kind, large or small, in the settings folder.  In fact my settings folder is not where this thread, https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/freeze-on-launch.html, mentions.  Maybe that info is old.
2. No font cache files at the location specified in this thread: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-fonts-photoshop.html

I have done my best to remove PS and reinstall it.  I have used CC to remove and install multiple versions of the app, including the latest beta version.  Same problem everytime.

Again this is one the kinda new Macbook Pro 13" which has an Apple chip (non-intel).

I have been told by other designers to get off of Photoshop and move onto something like Figma and other tools.  I have resisted but I am now more tempted than ever.  I could have learned a new tool in the time I have spent trying to fix this issue.

{Thread title modified by a moderator, ACPLSUP-4204482)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Hi All,

This has been identified as a known issue by our product team, you may try the resolution steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html#PhotoshopfreezesonlaunchmacOS

Let us know how it goes.
Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

解決して何よりです。

Adobeアプリのトラブルの原因で移行アシスタントを利用して移行した事例が、コミュニティーで何度か目にしたことがあります。

アプリのファイルが複数のフォルダーに分散しているので、インストーラーでインストールするのが良いと思います。

また、時間が立って調子が悪くなるようなら、アクティビティモニタのプロセスに「応答なし」の表示が出ていないか確認して下さい。

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ご丁寧にありがとうございます!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Photoshop 22.2 freezes in starup on my new Mac Mini with the new M1 Apple chip.

Have any of you had the same problem or knowledge of how to solve the problem?

It would be nice to hear from you.

From Iceland,

Magnús V. G.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Would you mind telling us which macOS version are you working on? Have you tried re-installing the application to check if that helps? If not, please try that to check if that helps. Also, does the app freeze while loading a specific component on the splash screen?

You can also try resetting the Preferences of Photoshop manually to check if that helps. You can check out the steps suggested here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thanks for qick reply.

After looking for some solutions on Google I managed to create a new Administrator on my new Mac Mini M1 (system version 11.2.1), reloaded PS from Adobe Creative Cloud and then it opened. This was as sugested a way to make a new pref. file for PS. A long way but it worked. I see in our post another way to delite and make a new pref. file for PS as well but I think I will keep it as it is at the moment. I can even open PS edit from LR. If the pref. file corrupts later on I will look into sugestions in link in your post. 

Thanks, Magnús V. G.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following advice i have uninstalled photoshop from my new MacBook Pro - M1 chip - Big Sur 11.2.1 - and installed Photoshop Beta. It is not loading. 

Help please. 

Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why did you uninstall the latest photoshop release?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the M1 and the latest photoshop does not work on it so was advised to install the Beta version. I have done this but it does not work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will follow this link and read. thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

p.s. if you have more ps specific questions, the ps forum would probably be the best place to post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I will hunt that down. I am currently uninstalling all and reinstalling cloud. Hopefully I will resolve this issue. Thanks again for your help 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you should do a clean install then:

uninstall every cc app including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html
then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html
clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html
check for, and if available, update your os
restart your computer (don't skip this)
reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud.
if you're unable to install the cc desktop app at this stage, use an administrator account (solution 4 here, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html)
use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you have done this now. Thank you. Only issue I have is when photoshop beta loads it opens twice ! Not a problem as I only use one but is a bit odd 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, kglad. You're a lifesaver. curiousworld, I have the same issue with Photoshop loading twice. Were you able to resolve that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have a mac book pro with m1 chip, and the photoshop beta version installed, but i can't find the obtion extensions to display pannels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by Photoshop beta – where did you obtain this version ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's available for Mac users via the Creative Cloud with a M1 chip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

For issues/bugs with Photoshop beta you can post on the Photoshop beta feedback forum

https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/photoshop-beta/5fb2d2db8eb4db34ff8f67b7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have send the Question in Photoshop beta Forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have successfully installed Photoshop Beta on my Mac (M1 Chip) but when I load the software it opens photoshop twice. Can I stop it doing this? 

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t think this is the proper place to discuss beta software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue on the non beta version as well as beta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to right-click an image in LR classic and have the image open for editing in Photoshop 2021 v 22.2
Photoshop opens but the image does not.

I can however right-click and open the image as a smart object.
Cmd E also doesn't work.

Reverting back to PS v22.1.1 solves the problem.

Using Macbook Air M1 and LR v 10.1.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines