• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Loading stuck at adding extension Halide Bottlenecks

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since migrating to new Macbook with Apple silicon, I have had the frustrating issue of getting stuck at loading.  Specifically it gets stuck on "Adding extensions...Halide Bottlenecks".

I have read through numerous community support threads and none of the proposed solutions have worked.  
1. No files of any kind, large or small, in the settings folder.  In fact my settings folder is not where this thread, https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/freeze-on-launch.html, mentions.  Maybe that info is old.
2. No font cache files at the location specified in this thread: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-fonts-photoshop.html

I have done my best to remove PS and reinstall it.  I have used CC to remove and install multiple versions of the app, including the latest beta version.  Same problem everytime.

Again this is one the kinda new Macbook Pro 13" which has an Apple chip (non-intel).

I have been told by other designers to get off of Photoshop and move onto something like Figma and other tools.  I have resisted but I am now more tempted than ever.  I could have learned a new tool in the time I have spent trying to fix this issue.

{Thread title modified by a moderator, ACPLSUP-4204482)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Hi All,

This has been identified as a known issue by our product team, you may try the resolution steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html#PhotoshopfreezesonlaunchmacOS

Let us know how it goes.
Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine does the same thing exactly as you describe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved ! I have tried all tricks that I've found over internet 3 times and nothing to do, still stuck on start screen...! I don't know why but I've tried one

thing and now it's working! go to finder- application-photoshop now right click on photoshop to show package and find the folder "extensions", with inside it halide bottlenecks and so on.

just rename the folder without the "s" like this : extension. It going to ask you your password (or finger 😉 and it's done. Cross your fingers and retry to open photoshop (you or someone else obviously, maybe you have found a solution since your post)

hope it's gonna works for you 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel,

Have you found any solution to our mutual problem?!

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, I try Beta and other older versions, but still no luck, Illustrator have same problem, InDesign works okay. Did anyone know if Adobe works on this problem ? any fix ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit: I change settings in Startup Security Utility, and nothing helped, but there was also update Big Sur which only fix some problems with battery, and not sure if combination of this two or just update help but now both version PS works 🙂 latest for intel and beta for M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem, can't open Photoshop 2021 on my new Macbook. Freezes on "adding extension...halides bottleneck". Somebody please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though the latest IOS update has nothing to do with Photoshop, ater I installed it, PS booted right up and all is right with the world!! Try it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running the CC cleaner tool and reinstalling under a separate admin profile was the trick for a few of us having the same issue. Take a look at my post here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/m-loading-stuck-at-adding-extension-halide-bottlenecks/m-p/...

Hope this helps!

-Ed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your Photoshop get stuck or the application was not responding and it stated “Adding extension.. Halide Bottlenecks”, “Adding extension….MMXCore Routines”, “Adding extension… FastCore Routines” and “Adding extension…Multiprocessor Support”. Please follow the steps listed below. 

1. Download the AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool (I have attached SS of it below). 

2. Select > Clear all (It will delete all the adobe files, you have to make sure you have a backup of imp files).

3. Restart Macbook once it successfully clears all the data.

4. Reinstall Creative Cloud.

5. Reinstall Photoshop beta (Latest version).

6. Select the intel version of Photoshop(check the SS) because the other version still gives me the same issue but the Intel version works fine for now.  

I hope this information will save a lot of your time and wish everyone in need get to see my post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

This has been identified as a known issue by our product team, you may try the resolution steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html#PhotoshopfreezesonlaunchmacOS

Let us know how it goes.
Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I read those pages.  I migrated to a new M1 mini and to Big Sur in the same day.  Double whammy.  My problem is that because of other software also having trouble with OS 11 (my SoftRaid utility that lets me use my external drives) I can not go to 11.2 at this time.  So I need to get PS going on 11.1.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your Photoshop get stuck or the application was not responding and it stated “Adding extension.. Halide Bottlenecks”, “Adding extension….MMXCore Routines”, “Adding extension… FastCore Routines” and “Adding extension…Multiprocessor Support”. Please follow the steps listed below. 

1. Download the AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool (I have attached SS of it below). 

2. Select > Clear all (It will delete all the adobe files, you have to make sure you have a backup of imp files).

3. Restart Macbook once it successfully clears all the data.

4. Reinstall Creative Cloud.

5. Reinstall Photoshop beta (Latest version).

6. Select the intel version of Photoshop(check the SS) because the other version still gives me the same issue but the Intel version works fine for now.  

I hope this information will help you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One additional piece that helped fix the issue in my situation was installing CC and any Adobe applications on the administator account for my Mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The quickest solution is to re-download and install Creative Cloud app, which will overwrite the intel CoreSync (which is hanging) with ARM CoreSync.  No need to run a cleaner or uninstall anything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No this won't work, since some files are not overwritten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can quickly fix it by deleting and reinstall everything from Adobe Creative Cloud app, I wrote a quick tutorial in this free Medium post: Quickly fix Adobe Photoshop Beta stucks at splash screen on M1/ARM Macs 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is installed, but won't open on my Macbook Pro M1 16gb / 512gb.

I tried to put the Beta version, but it doesn't open either. the icon bounces, but the program won't start. What to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS, PS Beta, and Illustrator stop responding on the startup banner whenever it tries to initialize one of the plugins or something... On the latest update for macOSX and Adobe CC. Tried uninstalling, reinstalling, restarting computer, et cetera. On an M1 Macbook Pro 13".

AE, InDesign, and Media Encoder are fine.

Haven't been able to do any work all day and had to pass off a quick job because of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

レインボーのくるくるが動いたり止まったりするだけでソフトが開きません。ちなみにIllustratorも同様の状態で開くことができません。

何か解決方法はありますでしょうか?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CCデスクトップアプリでアンインストールして、Macを再起動後に再インストールをしてみてはどうでしょう。

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

回答ありがとうございます!やってみたのですが改善されませんでした…

ちなみにすでにネイティブ対応しているLightroomは問題なく起動します。

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

M1 MacにPhotoshopをインストールしたのは今回が初めてでしょうか?

Big Sur の最新バージョンは11.2.1になるので、アップデートしていない場合は、OSのアップデートを行ってからPhotoshopの動作を確認して下さい。
また、ウィルスソフトをインストールしている場合は、OSのアップデート前にアンインストールして下さい。

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<追記>

Photoshopのベータ版のバージョンは22.2.1になるので、以前のバージョン(22.2)が表示されている場合は、デスクトップアプリのヘルプメニュー「アップデートの確認」を行って下さい。

同じバージョンの正式版と競合しているのかもしれません。

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Big Sur の最新バージョンにアップデートしたらPhotoshop・Illustrator共に動作しました!本当にありがとうございます!

ちなみに、今回は以前使用していたMacBook Pro(Early2015)から移行アシスタントを使って乗り換えていました。

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines