• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Loading stuck at adding extension Halide Bottlenecks

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since migrating to new Macbook with Apple silicon, I have had the frustrating issue of getting stuck at loading.  Specifically it gets stuck on "Adding extensions...Halide Bottlenecks".

I have read through numerous community support threads and none of the proposed solutions have worked.  
1. No files of any kind, large or small, in the settings folder.  In fact my settings folder is not where this thread, https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/freeze-on-launch.html, mentions.  Maybe that info is old.
2. No font cache files at the location specified in this thread: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-fonts-photoshop.html

I have done my best to remove PS and reinstall it.  I have used CC to remove and install multiple versions of the app, including the latest beta version.  Same problem everytime.

Again this is one the kinda new Macbook Pro 13" which has an Apple chip (non-intel).

I have been told by other designers to get off of Photoshop and move onto something like Figma and other tools.  I have resisted but I am now more tempted than ever.  I could have learned a new tool in the time I have spent trying to fix this issue.

{Thread title modified by a moderator, ACPLSUP-4204482)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Hi All,

This has been identified as a known issue by our product team, you may try the resolution steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html#PhotoshopfreezesonlaunchmacOS

Let us know how it goes.
Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this may be a bug in the new version if that work in an older version for you then use it...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well the reason I'm reporting it is is so that it can be fixed. I don't pay to use the old versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have same issue with an older version. Issue is, I can't launch so I can't switch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop not opening at all, it will stay on the initial screen but go no further. i have the 13 inch mac book pro M1. OS is up to date. i unistalled and reinstalled photoshop, still not working. Same with Beta version. all of my other apps are working fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What have you done for trouble-shooting so far?

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got my new MacBook and everything apart from Photoshop and Illustrator seems to work. I have Uninstalled - restarted - Installed them but both freeze at startup. I haven't tried the beta version of Photoshop because I still would need to use Illustrator somehow.

I would much appreciate any tips to make these work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that Photoshop don't launch on your MacBook as it keeps freezing at launch.

Please update your macOS BigSur version to the latest 11.2.1(I am assuming that you have BigSur installed since you just bought your MacBook Pro) 

If that still does not help, it seems that you are facing a known issue with Photoshop version 22.x on macOS BigSur. Please checkout this discussion where this issue is being monitored by the engineering team: https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-2221-wont-open-on-new-m1-mac-lightr...  

If you want to use Photoshop, please install a previous version from the Creative Cloud Desktop app. See: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html 

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Akash

Reading that post I see that not even the earlier version of photoshop seems to work for some people. Considering how much we pay for our entire team to have Adobe CC it's a shame Adobe hasn't figured out a stable version for this new system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of now only Photoshop (Beta)  runs natively on Apple devices with M1 processors and can be installed via the Beta apps tab in the Creative Cloud desktop app. Beta versions of Adobe apps are provided solely for early feedback. You must be on a device with Apple Silicon and have Creative Cloud desktop version 5.3.1.470 or later for this beta to be visible.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I ams having issues opening photoshop 2021 on my new mac book air, and am wondering if anyone has any ideas. I had my Uncle and older brother try and help me get it figured out. We've determand that it needs Rosetta 2 to run however even after installing it, Photoshop is still not working. If anyone can help me out that would be great, I'm a commission artist and need Photoshop to be running as soon as possible as I have commissions to work on. 

Thank you in advanced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution thanks to the following link.

They did a great job of making it easy to follow

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/issue-with-photoshop-beta-22-2-macbook-pro-m1-chip-adding-e...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

This has been identified as a known issue by our product team. In the meanwhile, please update to macOS Big Sur 11.2.1 or later.

For additional details, see Photoshop, Apple Silicon, and Big Sur | macOS 11

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Everyone!

I received my M1 Mac Mini yesterday and started freaking out when I noticed that Photoshop was stuck at Halide Bottlenecks.

I read some different articles (this one really helped- Google: "Quickly Fix Adobe Photoshop Beta Stucks at Splash Screen on M1/ARM Macs" by Medium) and was able to mix & match a solution of my own. These were the steps that I followed:

I deleted all old versions of Lightoom and Photoshop in my applications folder.

Then I went to Library > Application Support > Adobe and deleted some things there (please see attached photo)

Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 10.30.29 AM.png

Then close the remaining Adobe background processes in Task Manager (Windows) or Activity Monitor (macOS):

Creative Cloud

CCXProcess

CCLibrary

CoreSync helper

Adobe IPC Broker

armsvc

AGS Service 

Then I downloaded the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool and cleaned ALL.

After that, I downloaded Photoshop 22.1, redownloaded the current version of Lightroom CC and now everything seems to working as usual. I will post if anything goes wrong!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just chiming in that I have a new M1 Macbook and was stuck on "adding extension... multiprocessor support" and upon updating to the newest Ps version it now works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, but mine is not on a new Mac so isn't related to Migration Assistant. My problems started when I updated to 22.4.1 . I'll have a crack with Forthemeantime's solution and see how it goes. 🤞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I filled up my scratch disk and afterward CC 2021 would get stuck on the Halide Bottleneck. So I followed the directions for resetting my scratch disk and BINGO...the Halide Bottleneck opened up. I had the Halide Bottleneck issue before, when my computer wouldn't shutdown without physically shutting it down, and it cleared up once I solved the shutdown problem. So try the following solution and see if it works. Sure is a lot easier than all the other solutions offered in this thread!

From Adobe's Help:

"If Photoshop cannot launch because the scratch disk is full, hold down the Cmd + Option keys (macOS) or Ctrl + Alt keys (Windows) during launch to set a new scratch disk."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I filled up my scratch disk and afterward CC 2021 would get stuck on the Halide Bottleneck. So I followed the directions for resetting my scratch disk and BINGO...the Halide Bottleneck opened up. I had the Halide Bottleneck issue before, when my computer wouldn't shutdown without physically shutting it down, and it cleared up once I solved the shutdown problem. So try the following solution and see if it works.

From Adobe's Help:

"If Photoshop cannot launch because the scratch disk is full, hold down the Cmd + Option keys (macOS) or Ctrl + Alt keys (Windows) during launch to set a new scratch disk."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setting a new scratch disk didn't work for me (OS 10.14.6). What always works for me is: Open the PS file that I want to work on in Corel Painter. Close Corel Painter then open the original PS file in PS. Works ALL the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines