• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop 22.4 Docking icons for extension panels & the Plugins panel missing on Win 10 (FIXED)

New Here ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When updating to version Photoshop 22.4, the icons of the extensions and plugins are not seen, I include capture.

{Moderator note: Edited the thread title, PS-65775}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Hi All,

We are happy to announce the June release of Photoshop 22.4.2 that should resolve this issue.

This update includes fixes to some of the top customer reported issues among other bug fixes. See Bug fixes and security updates

To update Photoshop to 22.4.2, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. See More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problems with the extensions and Plugins. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here after update.

I'm missing Libraries, Coolors, and Adobe Color Themes icons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here to, but only on Windows 10. On MacBook Pro (Catalina) it its still working after the same update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have installed Version 22.4.1 and the icons of the extensions and plugins are still not visible. Why is the software no longer properly tested before it is released? Every product tester immediately notices such trivial errors.I must say: Rapid deplyment fu..ing software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i did a roll-back to 22.3.1 and the icons are there again. So, only in 22.4 the icons are affected. I see now that there is an update to 22.4.1 instead of 22.4. So i will try this one  and  find out if the problem is also persists

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to 22.4.1 but the missing icons are still missing. So Adobe had not fixed this in yesterdays update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry that the plugins and extensions are missing from the docking panen in Photoshop after the recent 22.4 version update of Photoshop.

This is a known issue and our engineering team is working towards a fix. For more details, please checkout this discussion: https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-docking-icons-for-extension-panels-... 

The current workaround is to roll back to version 22.3 from the Creative Cloud Desktop app. See: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html 

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The rel. 22.4 update I installed today (May 17) "broke" the visibility of my extension icons. Most are no longer visible immediately following the update. See image attached (adjacent to right-side toolbar). A quick patch is needed from Adobe devs to fix this. The boxes that used to have symbols on them for the extensions are now solid grey squares. The extensions are still launchable if I click on each square (I'm now missing the symbols for Adobe Color Themes, Luminosity Masks by Greg Benz, Interactive Blender Panel by Sven Stork, AF-Panel by Fabio Antenori, Real Looking Shadows and Free Stock Search) but it's impossible to know which box maps to which extension in my Ps interface. That's a major bug & major inconvenience for effective use of Ps. How can it be fixed quickly without a full reset - which I won't do? Ps2021-Rel22-4_NukeIconsInWorkspace_May17.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW - I'm running Ps on a Win 10 Pro PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can instal the old version (22.3.1) through the CC app. I did this too, it will show your icons again and will do that without doing a full reset. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Привет! обновился до 22.4 . Исчезли иконки панелей расширений. Что делать?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last update, the panel icons for CC-Libraries and plug-ins are present, but the corresponding icons are hidden. It doesn't help to close them and dock them again. Any solutions?

hidden panels.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting your workspace?

If that doesnt work - have you tried resetting your PS preferences? (Reset on quit button in general preferences)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop 22.4.1 due to the missing icons. This is a known issue & our product team is currently working on a fix. Please add your vote to the issue here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-docking-icons-for-extension-panels-...

Also, please follow the thread for updates related to the developments & the fix for this issue.

If you need to, you can roll back to the previous version of Photoshop using the steps suggested here: https://adobe.ly/2wH0JjE

Please uninstall the latest version of Photoshop first & select the option to Keep Preferences prior to installing the previous version.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beginning with PS 22.4 the plugin and extension icons are no more visible. I need to rest the mouse over the icon to see what is below. Is there any solution? It is on Win10.

Wilhelm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop 22.4. This is a known issue & our product team is working on a fix. Please check: https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-docking-icons-for-extension-panels-...

You can add your vote to the issue on the above thread & follow it for updates related to the fix for this issue.

Meanwhile, you can roll back to the previous version of Photoshop using the steps suggested here: https://adobe.ly/2wH0JjE

Please uninstall the latest version of Photoshop first & select the option to Keep Preferences prior to installing the previous version.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo Community !

Bin Neuling auf diesem Kanal und hätte gerne eine Anfrage gestellt:

Seit den letzten Updates sind in Photoshop meine Apps: Adobe Color-Themen, Pro Panel, Raya Pro 5 u.a.

nicht mehr sichtbar - aus den früheren farbigen Icons sind nun grau unleserliche Kästchen geworden.

helmuts44131856_0-1622831022433.png

Kann mir bei diesem Problem jemand helfen ?

Danke

H Sperr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop 22.4.1 due to the missing icons. This is a known issue & our product team is currently working on a fix. Please add your vote to the issue here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-docking-icons-for-extension-panels-...

Also, please follow the thread for updates related to the developments & the fix for this issue.

If you need to, you can roll back to the previous version of Photoshop using the steps suggested here: https://adobe.ly/2wH0JjE

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am actually missing several icons and bars. But it does not appear to be a version problem, as rollbacks to several older versions did not change anything. Windows 10 only, mac is fine. Does anyone know more about this?Screenshot_20210521_204018.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW I think it is pretty embarrasing to see how Adobe fails to take you seriously if you are not willing to splash out 4000+ for a shiny mac; you are simply not considered a pro and they take their time to address any problem. Well, that is another step towards Darktable and Gimp in my case. The harder you guys are trying to bully me into buying Mac the more likely I am to go open source instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody is bullying anybody. Don't be so dramatic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are happy to announce the June release of Photoshop 22.4.2 that should resolve this issue.

This update includes fixes to some of the top customer reported issues among other bug fixes. See Bug fixes and security updates

To update Photoshop to 22.4.2, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. See More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines