• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop 24.3 Strobes in Black and White when Opening files

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when attempting to open a photo in Photoshop on my HP Laptop, details below, the photo appears in the layers tab bottom right, but not in the workspace /desktop: It is a constant Black / White strobe. The desktop /workspace flashes Black and white

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎24/‎03/‎2021
OS build 19044.2604
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4190.0

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Hi All,

Apologies for the flashing/strobing you're experiencing when opening files, this tends to affect older graphics cards (GPU) that don't support all of the aspects of DirectX 12.

For Windows:

1. Update Photoshop to version 24.5 or later
  2. Enable the Older GPU Mode option in Preferences > Technology Previews > “Use Older GPU Mode (pre 2016)"
  3. Check if there's a GPU driver update available and update if so

For macOS:

1. Update Photoshop to version 24.5 or later
  2. Update to a newer or latest ma

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

We would like to find out if there are any of you on Windows for whom:

A. Use Older GPU Mode is Checked, and

B. Deactivate Native canvas is Unchecked, and

C. are still experiencing this strobing issue with a GPU that supports DirectX 12?

If so, could you please provide Photoshop's Help > System Info dialog text in this thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 1249 Replies 1249
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola, que tal! 

He estado teniendo problemas con la versión 24.3 de Photoshop. Después de actualizarla, abró una foto o creo un lienzo en blanco y el espacio donde se debería visualizar la foto o lienzo parpadea en estrobo. Se me hace algo curioso por que el filtro de Camera RAW funciona bien. 

Gracias 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Salvador291206756xb2 enable this option in preferences and restart Photoshop

2023-03-25 10_03_30-Preferences.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank Ged! Problem fixed 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone - hope you are all well.

I have a problem. When I open a PSD and or a JPG and or a PSD file in Photoshop the file seems to load OK except that I get a flashing white screen in the Photoshop screen. I can still see Photoshop but cannoth work on any files. This is happening on my main computer only. My laptop with Photoshop is working perfectly. I uninstallled Photoshop from my computer and then re-installed it and still have the same problem. I am sure that I had the graphics card updated about 5 to 6 months ago.

Please can anyone help with this problem. 

Thank you in advance for any help and advice you can give.

Take care out there.

Cheers.

Jeff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Duck Man Start by resetting your Photoshop preferences manually. Note: Reinstalling does not automatically reset them so you could be installing over bad preference files:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#reset-preferences

If that does not resolve then go to Photoshop Preferences/Technology Preview and check “Disable Native Canvas”. Then check “Use Older GPU Mode (2016)”. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2023 Apr 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin

Hope you are well.

Thanks so much for your help and advice, I reset all preferances and tried PS but still had the strobing problem so I took your advice and reset the native canvas's and all is working fin now.

Sorry for the delay in replying, just a lot going on at the mo and only just got the chance to sit at my desktop and solve the problem, with yourt advice, Cheers.

Jeff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went through all of the recommended solutions here with an Adobe Chat techie, nothing worked, so we unistalled 24.3 and went back to 24.2.1. It works fine, without strobing. But, Adobe keeps sending me daily messages -- now a week later -- to update to 24.3. I am afraid that will lead to the same problem, unless they have surreptitiously fixed it. I don't want to waste the time to do another install/reinstall. Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@SamDavidPhoto the posted solutions have worked for most everyone else. Can you go to Photoshop Help Menu/System Info and copy/paste details in a reply? Post only once as the system takes time to process the large amount of data. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me, Kevin. As noted, with the help of Tech
Support I uninstalled 24.3 and went back to 24.2.1. which works perfectly.
He told me to wait for an update to 24.3. Adobe Creative Cloud keeps
sending messages to upgrade to 24.3. Given it doesn't indicate it's an
updated version I don't want to do it if the problem isn't fixed. I don't
have time to go through the uninstall/reinstall process again and keeping
24.3 with a workaround doesn't seem something I want to do.

Sam Ostrow
[removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@SamDavidPhoto 

the same version won't change. when adobe releases a fixed version it will have a different version number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I foolishly assumed that when Photoshop issued a bug fix it would return the Rulers functionality.  Instead is renders both versions totally non-functional.  Both versions simply reapidly flicker a totally white canvas.

I have tried Editing in Photoshop from within Lightroom.

I have rebooted by pc and opened only Photoshop and then atttempted to open a previously created psd.

I then tried to open a single jpg.

All three attempts ended with a strobe-light effect of the flickering white canvas area.  The tools and menus are visible but no photo.

The has rendered Photoshop as totally non-functional.  It cannot be used for any purpose.

Thanks, Adobe, for the stab in the back during the height of busy season!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

open photoshop preferences>technology preview>check "disable native canvas"

restart photoshop

======••=======
in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from cc desktop bugs>>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Two things I would recommend. First, check the list of known fixed issues with each update: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

And second, I am not sure from your post if you have auto updates turned on in Creative Cloud. If you do, I would recommend turning it off and never update while you are in a production cycle. I understand your pain about not being able to use a tool when you really need it. Only update when you have the time to do the troubleshooting with new issues. 

Let us know if kglad's post solved your issue?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2023 Mar 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Impossible de charger une image ! Photoshop clignotte en blanc 

Impossible to load any picture It is flashing on and off, the screen is white

je suis allée sur préférence ....rien trouvé!

Pourrai je récupérer l'ancienne version le photoshop 2022? 

Help please

<email removed-kglad>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

open photoshop>edit>preferences>technology preview>check "disable native canvas" restart photoshop

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from using the community bugs>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the tips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Estou com Problemas desde da ultima Atualização do PSfotoshop 

quando vou passa a foto ela não a tela fica Piscando em preto e branco, Poderia me ajudar Por Favor

ja tem uns dias que estar assim, não consigo Trabalhar desse jeito que estar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

open photoshop preferences>technology preview>check "disable native canvas"

restart photosh

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2023 Mar 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after the latest update photoshop won't open images. camera raw opens them but when they open them in photoshop the screen flashes and won't open the images. (os. Window 10)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem seems to be happening for a lot of people for the last update and multiple threads have already been created for this particular problem, see this one for example:
See if it helps!
https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/flashing-white-oblong-instead-of-the-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS Just updated to 24.3 and when PS opens file , flashes the screen. Every file does the same. Any Help? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Giannis F enable this option in preferences and restart Photoshop

2023-03-22 14_19_38-Adobe Photoshop 2023.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you !!!!!! [Solved] 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works. Thanks for the quick help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines