• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flashing White oblong instead of the image you are trying to open

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have the above problem go into photoshop prefrences performance and uncheck use graphics proccessor. That should fix the problem, it worked for me!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

@Yacov28864256x7c3 by disablng the GPU you will lose some functionality that requires it2023-03-22 10_35_18-Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) card FAQ — Mozilla Firefox.png

You can try enabling Deactivate Native Canvas to see if it helps, if that doesn't help try enabling the second option highlighted, restart Photoshop on each occassion

2022-10-21 11_56_33-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Yacov28864256x7c3 by disablng the GPU you will lose some functionality that requires it2023-03-22 10_35_18-Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) card FAQ — Mozilla Firefox.png

You can try enabling Deactivate Native Canvas to see if it helps, if that doesn't help try enabling the second option highlighted, restart Photoshop on each occassion

2022-10-21 11_56_33-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your advice I have re-enabled grphics processor and checked deactivate native canvas, and it fixes the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2023 Mar 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The deactivate Native canvas did not work. But the "Older GPU mode (per 2016) fixed it. Odd this happened with the new update. I have a new Graphics Card and it does support Direct X12. Hope they fix this bug. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2023 Mar 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea why it did not work for you when it worked for me on an older graphics card!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2023 Mar 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's unfortunately not fixing the Problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try closing down photoshop, reboot the computer and see if it works.
Sometimes the changes do not fully register on your computer unless you
reboot the computer. Hopefully that fixes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try rebooting your computer as sometimes the computer does not fully register changes made on your creative cloud unless it has been rebooted! Hopefully this will fix the problem for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

many thanks - that worked for me too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines