• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop 24.3 Strobes in Black and White when Opening files

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when attempting to open a photo in Photoshop on my HP Laptop, details below, the photo appears in the layers tab bottom right, but not in the workspace /desktop: It is a constant Black / White strobe. The desktop /workspace flashes Black and white

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎24/‎03/‎2021
OS build 19044.2604
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4190.0

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Hi All,

Apologies for the flashing/strobing you're experiencing when opening files, this tends to affect older graphics cards (GPU) that don't support all of the aspects of DirectX 12.

For Windows:

1. Update Photoshop to version 24.5 or later
  2. Enable the Older GPU Mode option in Preferences > Technology Previews > “Use Older GPU Mode (pre 2016)"
  3. Check if there's a GPU driver update available and update if so

For macOS:

1. Update Photoshop to version 24.5 or later
  2. Update to a newer or latest ma

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

We would like to find out if there are any of you on Windows for whom:

A. Use Older GPU Mode is Checked, and

B. Deactivate Native canvas is Unchecked, and

C. are still experiencing this strobing issue with a GPU that supports DirectX 12?

If so, could you please provide Photoshop's Help > System Info dialog text in this thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 1249 Replies 1249
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@raoulm26744459 

make sure your GPU drivers are updated.

Next, go to Photoshop Preferences/Technology Preview and check “Disable Native Canvas”. Then check “Use Older GPU Mode (2016)”. Restart Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how to check my GPU drivers.

I checked the two options that you advised and restarted Photoshop. There is no more flashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@raoulm26744459 

Ignore the advice “Use Older GPU Mode (2016)” Leave it Unhecked, it is not needed and unacceptably slows Ps down. It basically switches off the GPU usuing only CPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@raoulm26744459 

excellent. btw, using older gpu mode is probably unnecessary.  test by unchecking that and see if the problem returns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the stupid question: How do i downgrade to 24.1? The native Canvas workaround doesn't work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@michaelr74349212 

uninstall v24.3, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

you can then install the latest and 1 version prior versions using the cc desktop app. you must have a subscription because previous versions are not available with trials. other versions are revealed after clicking file preferences>apps>tick show older apps (at panel bottom).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. This resolve my issue of the strobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much!
The problem is solved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seit Tagen erscheint wenn ich eine Datei in Photoshop öffne, neu oder vorhanden, auf der Bildfläche stroboskopartig ein schwarz-weißes Flackern. Die Tools und Ebenen sind normal sicht- und nutzbar aber man kann nichts erkennen.

Ich habe das Programm mehrmals de- und wieder installiert.
Was tun?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Heiko29388750fghm go to Edit > Preferences > Technology Previews and enable this option, then restart Photoshop

2023-03-25 10_03_30-Preferences.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola.

La última actualización de Photoshop, no me permite ver los archivos que abro (fotos, archivo nuevo, todo) se mantienen en una intermitencia constante (como parpadeando, pero siempre en blanco) solo en las capas me deja ver la vista previa del archivo que abro.

Help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this: go to Preferences >Technology Previews  > Deactivate Native Canvas. Close and restart Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funciona!!! Gracias.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

windows 10 64 bit, photoshop app will not download a PSD file.  With the app open, opening  a PSD file just causes the file picture to flash white on and off rapidly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peter B. Clarke go to Edit > Preferences > Technology Previews and enable this option, then restart Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Technology Previews I clicked “Older GPU mode (pre 2016)”, closed the Photoshop App and restarted. I opened a typical PSD file and all was well!!! Amazing and thankyou. As an attorney licensed in CA for over 60 years you reinforced that a semblance of ability to follow advice may have a few more years. Maybe in a C suite. Peter Clarke, San Diego.

Sent from Mail<> for Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Versão: 1990-2023

Plataforma: Photoshop

Sistema OP.: Windows

Abri o photoshop pela área de trabalho e pelo app do creative e em todas as tentativas a tela do photoshop fica piscando, impossibilitando a edição de qualquer coisa.

Resultado esperado: Gostaria de abrir o photoshop normalmente e criar/editar meus arquivos.

Resultado real: TELA DO PHOTOSHOP PISCANDO.

Atualizei todos os apps da adobe HOJE e o photoshop é único que acontece esse erro.

Mandei um video mostrando.

Espero que me ajudem, pois preciso fazer minhas criações (nem tão urgente, mas vai ficar se continuar com esse erro).

Desde já agradeço.

att.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When coming from LR to PS with a pic to edit or opening a new pic in PS, the screen starts blinking white! What's wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Juhani29469643uwjf go to Edit > Preferences > Technology Previews and enable this option, then restart Photoshop

2023-04-14 16_22_44-Adobe Photoshop 2023.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx for reply/advise. Now looks like to work with RAW but not JPG- pics. Is
this a new feature?

[personal information removed as per forum guidelines]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mandei um video, acho que você consegue acessar.

Abri o PS pelo creative>cliquei em Novo arquivo, e quando a área branca de edição aparecia ficava piscando sem parar frenéticamente, aconteceu isso depois da última atualização que fiz (hoje cedo).

Mas segui o passo a passo do @Ged_Traynor e deu certo, funcionou na hora. Agora voltou ao normal, MUITOO obrigada ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a problem drawing photos in the Photoshop. Photoshop loads up, but when I attempt to open a photo, it's just a white background... no photo. I've checked for any upgrades, but I'm running the current version of Photoshop on Adobe's Creative Cloud. I have uninstalled Photoshop and re-installed it, but to know avail. The photos were taken with my iPhone and were very large (high res). So I went into MS Paint and resized them to only 400 px. Then opened up Photoshop again and attempted to bring just one of the newly resized photos in. No cigar! It just won't work. Do any of you PS professionals have a suggestion to cure this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Parpadea la pantalla cuando abro un archivo nuevo 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola mi pantanlla tmb parapadea, sabes a que se debe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lucio Mariano29466645hsxk go to Edit > Preferences > Technology Previews and enable this option, then restart Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines