• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop 24.3 Strobes in Black and White when Opening files

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when attempting to open a photo in Photoshop on my HP Laptop, details below, the photo appears in the layers tab bottom right, but not in the workspace /desktop: It is a constant Black / White strobe. The desktop /workspace flashes Black and white

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎24/‎03/‎2021
OS build 19044.2604
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4190.0

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Hi All,

Apologies for the flashing/strobing you're experiencing when opening files, this tends to affect older graphics cards (GPU) that don't support all of the aspects of DirectX 12.

For Windows:

1. Update Photoshop to version 24.5 or later
  2. Enable the Older GPU Mode option in Preferences > Technology Previews > “Use Older GPU Mode (pre 2016)"
  3. Check if there's a GPU driver update available and update if so

For macOS:

2. Update to a newer or latest ma

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

We would like to find out if there are any of you on Windows for whom:

A. Use Older GPU Mode is Checked, and

B. Deactivate Native canvas is Unchecked, and

C. are still experiencing this strobing issue with a GPU that supports DirectX 12?

If so, could you please provide Photoshop's Help > System Info dialog text in this thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 1249 Replies 1249
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour à toutes et à tous,

J'ai un soucis sur Photoshop 2023, lorsque que j'ouvre sur nouveau (pour commencer une travail), la page blanche clignote, et malgré avoir désinstallé Photoshop et réinstallé. Ceci me le fait depuis ce matin, de la dernière mise à jour. Quelqu'un saurait à quoi c'est dû?

Merci à toutes et à tous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acabo de actualizar a la versión 24.3 esperando que corrigiera los problemas con la visualización de las reglas y resulta que ahora no muestra las imágenes, saliendo un parpadeo en blanco/negro en su lugar. Antes se podía trabajar, ahora ni eso.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ho installato l'ultima versione di photoshop ma quando apro il programma lo schermo flash on off

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been several posts regarding this problem. For me, on Win 10, I simply reverted to the previous version and all was fine.

Barry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nach Update von V24.2.1 auf V24.3.0 flackert das Datei-Fenster nach öffnen einer PSD bzw. Datei neu erstellen. Nach downgrade auf V24.2.1 funktioniert PS wieder fehlerfrei. Es lassen sich PSD Dateien öffnen/ neu erstellen und bearbeiten.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@peterk48491532 this issue seem to be affecting a lot of people, see this related thread, for the time been you may need to revert back to version 24.2.1

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/canvas-flickering-violently/idi-p/13669564

Edit: try enabling this option in preferences and restarting Photoshop to see if it helps

2023-03-22 14_19_38-Adobe Photoshop 2023.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been several posts regarding this problem. For me, on Win 10, I simply reverted to the previous version and all was fine.

Barry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjou,

Ce jour, j'ai effectué la mise à jour de Photoshop et depuis dès que j'ouvre mes fichiers le logiciel fait des flashs et n'ouvre pas ces derniers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hej, jag har upptäckt samma problem nu pÃ¥ morgonen när jag öppnade Photoshop och ville öppna nÃ¥gra av mina sparade filer! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Apologies for the flashing/strobing you're experiencing when opening files, this tends to affect older graphics cards (GPU) that don't support all of the aspects of DirectX 12.

For Windows:

2. Enable the Older GPU Mode option in Preferences > Technology Previews > “Use Older GPU Mode (pre 2016)"
  3. Check if there's a GPU driver update available and update if so

For macOS:

2. Update to a newer or latest macOS version (to update the GPU driver which accompanies macOS updates)
  3. Uncheck "Automatic graphics switching" found in System Preferences > Battery > Battery

If you're still having issues after trying these troubleshooting steps, the next recommendation would be to look into updating your graphics card (GPU) to something a bit more modern.

Regards,

PG

[steps edited to provide clarity per OS]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was having same problem (flashing strobe) when trying to open a pic (after download and install of latest update to ps).  Enabled "older gpu mode" per instruction in reply by PG.  It worked!  Thankyou PG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oui, cette action a fonctionné chez moi, sous Windows 10.

Merci Pete.Green

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That worked for me too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Pete! I was having the same problem and tried everything I could think of, restarting my laptop, uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop. None of that worked. Your suggestions fixed the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2023 Apr 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Deactivate Native Canvas" option earlier described by kevin stohlmeyer work for me. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why in the world doesn't Adobe send a note to us poor fking users as soon as an issue is identified and hopefully with a solution????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

THAT'S WHAT'S FRUSTRATING.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is appalling!!! Suggesting that we need new hardware to support Photoshop as a fix for releasing an update with a major bug. The suggestion to use "Older GPU Mode" doesn't fix the problem. Fortunately, I found somewhere in this forum that "Deactivate Native Canvas" did fix the problem. Shame on Adobe for releasing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Older GPU Mode" worked for me. It means pre- 2016 GPU, and I verified that my GTX 750 Ti was introduced in 2014. But having this BASIC FUNCTIONAL BUG indicates that Adobe's hardware regression tests don't include common GPUs still in use 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. However my OS is windows but in Portuguese and i can't find that path in Portuguese... I am in dispair because i cant use photoshop.

Can you help me telling me how to do it in portugues (portugal) windows 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue of flashing strobe on screen. Deactivated Native Canvas and it worked for me.

Using MSI GeForce GT 730 2GB DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 card. Didn't need to use “Older GPU Mode (pre 2016)" mode though. reh...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me yesterday after updating to version 23.4. You solution is how the customer service rep guided me to solve the issue. My question is: The GPU on my computer (ANDIVIA GeForce MX110) wasnt released until 2017, why would that fall into the catagory of "pre 2016" version? Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines