• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Program error while opening or creating new document after Photoshop 22.1 update [2020]

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since yesterday's update, can´t even open a jpg file. Always says: Could not complete your request because of a program error. I need to work.

{Moderator Note: Edited the thread title, PS-52603}

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Hi all,

05/20 update: We have resolved another program error issue while dragging assets from libraries to the artboard in Photoshop 22.4.1 update. Could you please update Photoshop to the 22.4.1 version via the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app and let us know your feedback.

Here's how you update Photoshop to its latest version: Update Creative Cloud apps

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 1058 Replies 1058
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a copy of your system info? Photoshop -> Help -> System Info (Copy the entire text from this window and either save as a .txt file or copy paste here)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Up to now I have had no problems with Photoshop, but now I get the same issue. Perhaps Adobe needs to provide a clear statement when introducing new versions that depend on specific hardware configurations. It would have saved me considerable time trying to sort this out. Such a statement could be provided as a warning before begining the upgrade process.

Just upgrading o a new graphics card is not as simple as it sounds. Graphics cards also have dependencies on other hardware to run efficiently. For example to get the best performance from a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 you should perhaps visit PCSpecs web site where you can find a list of compatible hardware.The Photoshop GPU FAQ is also helpful.

In the meantime I may have to suspend my Adobe account until such time as I can get a new computer configured correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stesso problema, e ctrl+alt+shift non risolve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turned off Graphics Processor and fixed the problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing Here. 2021 Photoshop under Prefernces > Performance; I had to uncheck Use Graphics Processor to get the application to even work! I have the latest MAC OS! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried turning off graphics processor, no change.  Moved the settings folder, no change.  Reinstalled the old version, no change.  Checked the layers composting box, no change.  Anything else I can try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked for a Graphics driver update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion.  I did update the graphics driver with no change, and then went through all the other steps one more time, again with no change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, please shoot me an email at sympa@adobe.com. We'd like to triage a possible workaround. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the graphic processor... did not work... I give up... I installed and uninstalled 5x.... hopefully you have a better update soon...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did disable the videocard, and I also deleted the preferences folder. Neither worked. Went back to ps2020 and all is well again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there - shoot me an email at sympa@adobe.com. We'd like to test a possible workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated all my adobe cloud software and I am getting the same error. How can I fix this? I can't even close out of photoshop because it gives me the error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has to be the most troublesome Photoshop update since CC. So many people with the same problem. Going back to 2020 and everything works again. It is not enough fro Adobe just to blame the environment. There is some bad programming somewhere and it is causing a lot of people to waste a lot of time. I have a mixture of problems on 3 computers, all of which were stable before the upgrades. This has cost me nearly a day of work trying unsuccesfully to solve the problem. Personally I think that if they cannot solve this immediately, they should pull the update but they never do as they never admit to making a mistake. It's going to cost many users a pile of money. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, and the program locks after the error message comes up. I tried turning off the graphics card, per below, but the latest message onscreen is: Something went wrong. Please restart the program and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here when I return to work.  Extremely frustrated and unhappy especially I have an urgent job to finish. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning off the graphics processor worked, but you guys need to get this issue fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. Send me an email at sympa@adobe.com . We'd like to troubleshoot further with you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, I see the same message and I already tried to reset the settings. What else can I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. Send me an email at sympa@adobe.com. We'd like to help you triage further and maybe recommend a workaround. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I`m having a similar problem. I get a message reading Could not open your file because the file was not found. This is only since I installed the latest update yesterday. What`s going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FASTED SOLUTION FOUND... I had the same problem here. None of your suggestions worked. I am on an iMac (27-inch, Late 2012) with MacOS High Sierra (v. 10.13.6). I know Apple wants me to upgrade my OS, but I will loose the use crucial apps that will not work on the 64 bit system. The only solution I found was to unistall the recent update, and downgrade to PS ver. 21.2.4. Everything seems to work now. Warning... I lost ALL of my user preferences and had to reset everything! Very, very frustrating that the automatic updater was able to install an update that was not compatible with my computer system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I uninstall the update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open Creative Cloud. Select "All apps" from the left hand column. Under "Installed", see Photoshop? Then, look to the right of Photoshop. See "Open"? To the right of "Open", there are 3 little dots. Click on the dots. A menu pops up. Click "Uninstall".  To re-install, do the same thing, and select "other versions" and select the Older version, Photoshop (21.2.4).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much! I`ve uninstalled them so will reinstall soon and hopefully it`ll work. I`m no expert on computer systems so very much appreciate your help 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines