• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Painting with Color Dodge Brush?

Participant ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am totally baffled. I have my layer set as Normal and my brush set as Color Dodge, with a blue color selected. I just successfully did the first screenshot with it working the way it should.

Now, I have just tried doing it again after a few minutes and the Color Dodge doesn't seem to be working, (second photo) even though I don't think I've changed any settings. Even though my brush mode is still set to Color Dodge, it looks like it thinks it is in Normal.

?

Screen Shot 2022-04-02 at 1.47.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-02 at 1.48.05 PM.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I *may* have figured it out?

Well, as i continue to experiment to see whether I actually *have* figured it out, I have another related question (on a different project)....

Painting with my brush set to Color Dodge, it gives me the Color Dodge effect. However, the brush's Color Dodge does not seem to work if I try doing it on a clipping layer. I seem to need to do it on the original layer (which is annoying because I wanted to use a clipping layer so I don't color "outside the lines.") Shouldn't it still work? Why is this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

»Shouldn't it still work?«

If I understand you correctly then: No, it should not. 

»Why is this?«

Because Photoshop’s painting tools work on pixels in a Layer. 

You could change the Blend Mode of the Layer you are painting on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines