Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pantone Connect not showing in Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone is facing similar problem - I can not find Pantone Connect extension in Photoshop after the recent update. For Indesign in Illustartor it works ok.

It doesn't show up under window section. If I click on Manage plugins it takes me to Creative Cloud, where it shows that Pantone Connect is installed, but when I click on Plugin Icon for Photoshop - there is no Pantone Connect showing.

Attaching Screenshots below.

Previosuly uninstalled, restarted my computer, then re-installed back Pantone Connect - didn't solve the problem. I am working on Mac Mini, Chip Apple M1, 2020 and Phottoshop is updated to 22.3.1

It was working before in Photoshop sometime ago.

Would appreciate any advise.

Many thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason screenshots didn't upload properly, so attaching again here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
the reason why you can't find Pantone Connect in your extensions is that the M1 chip is not compatible with previous architecture plugins.

As stated at the following link, "Photoshop only supports the new plugins (based on UXP, under Plugins in the menu) natively on Apple M1. If you want to use legacy plugins (under Window in the menu) run Photoshop in the Rosetta mode."

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/apple-silicon-m1-chip.html

About Rosetta: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211861

Hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for the advise. It was really helpful!

I ran it in Rosetta Mode and it is showing under Window drop down menu now. 

Do you know if this will be fixed at some point for M1 Chip?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There

i am having the same problem. I need to install Rosetta 2 but i cant work out how to do it. Despite reading that link on adobe.com. would you mind helping me?

Best

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Matt233837056rwt 

Here's the help page from Apple for installing Rosetta 2. 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211861

This is a macOS question, not a Photoshop question, so if you have further questions you can ask  in the Apple forums:
https://discussions.apple.com/welcome

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. i had looked at these already but couldnt resolve

i think the problem is that it is an extension (pantone connect) that isnt appearing - not an app - so there isnt a window that pops up that asks me to install Rosetta 2. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the latest instructions from the Pantone support site for the Connect application

When you go to your applications folder click Command I on Photoshop Icon

Click RUN in Rosetta.

I am able to see the plug in in the window> Extensions( Legacy) Dropdown (it loads)

I am still not able to load a spot color to my "Channels" (like one of the new 256 colors)

About Rosetta:

Rosetta works automatically in the background whenever you use an app that was built specifically for Mac computers with an Intel processor. It translates the app for use with Apple silicon. In most cases, you won't notice any difference in the performance of an app that needs Rosetta.

Screen Shot 2022-12-19 at 7.01.58 AM.png

MacBook Pro (14-inch, 2021)

Montery 12.6

Apple M1 Max Memory 64G

Amybeth M
ACI G7 Certified Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Provided to my by Jung Sin.
She is the Director, Global Digital Product Management

Pantone. She is currently updating the support page.

Please take a look at the instructions here. https://intercom.help/pantone/en/articles/6245308-on-apple-m1-how-do-i-open-the-pantone-connect-exte...

https://intercom.help/pantone/en/  Now it works ! 🙂

Amybeth M
ACI G7 Certified Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines