Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pasting into a perspective grid

Participant ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,
Can somebody please show me some mercy with the infernal tool of pasting in a perspective grid? I've watched tutorials, read posts, use Photoshop every day and have around 3 decades of experience of usage, but I still can't get this to work.

First off, I'm using Ventura 13.0.1 and the Mac is less than a year old, and I'm on the latest version of Photoshop, so everything should be ok on that front.

The project is to have perspective type and graphics running above a car illustration in perspective to give a sense of movement. I'm going to attach screenshots, I hope they appear in order.
The graphic is a combination of type and a drawn graphic which have been merged into one rasterised layer. You can see it at the top of the image.
Another image shows the layers in the palette.

I copy the image using a marquee, go into perspective mode. A further image shows the grid. The pasted area is empty. I select the entire layer, paste it, and it does appear in the top left corner. I slide the graphic into the perspective area, and it fills the whole grid destroying it, as you can see in the final image.
I have to keep the pasted item active or I can't access the scale tool.

The next problem is the scaling tool doesn't work either. I can't alter the size in any way to reproportion it, except from the side to squash it or stretch it. Or I cam move the perspective area around or rotate it, but I can't fix it. Altering the depth or density of the grid has no effect. I can't get the graphic to slide onto the grid even approximating its correct proportions.
What am I doing wrong?
Thank you in anticipation. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

When you say "perspective mode", are you talking about the vanishing point filter? (I know only a perspective mode in Photoshop and it's in the transform>perpective wrap function, which is completely different. But something may have slipped my brain...
I assume it's the former, but just to check out (and sorry if it's translation issue 🙂 )

I just did a quick test alongside the help files (as I don't use this filter very often) and it works as intended, although a bit fiddly to understand (and I think the help files aren't up to date.)

Can you confirm which tool/filter you are using?

If possible with a screenshot of the entire window containing Photoshop so we can see what's going on...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are doing everything correctly. It's not the friendliest of tools. You need to resize the graphic in the grid. There is a tool - looks like a square with a bunch of points on it - use that to resize and then you can move the graphic around in the grid to place it. You are so close!

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines