• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Patch Tool

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure this may be a simple fix, but for the life of me - i can't figure it out. My patch tool is selecting odd shapes. For example, If I click the patch tool and draw a CIRCLE around my selection - whether i connect the circle all the way or not, it selects a circle with a triangle attached to it. It's super annoying and I can't for the life of me, figure out how to get it to go back to normal - i have tried resetting every single tool and nothing = HELP!

Update: it is even doing this with the clone tool etc. It's making it impossible to edit anything

Photoshop.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I don't know why it's doing that, and maybe someone else will chime in. In the meanwhile, though, are you aware that you can select with any selection tool and then switch to the Patch tool? If you want a circle as you are showing, for instance, use the Ellipse tool to select, then switch to the Patch tool.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi!

Are you on a Mac? I have heard in other posts of a similar problem and it has stemmed back to Catalina. Did you upgrade to Catalina recently?

Here is a the thread of another post in which someone had the same problem:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/selection-tools-acting-erratically/m-p/10961075?page=1#M311...

It looks like the answer was to reinstall an earlier version of the Mac OS. 

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines