• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Created with Automation turns out super tiny

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help!  Last year I created a PDF from an Adobe Photoshop document.  The document has several pages that I exported as individual PNG files at 25% scale.  Then I used Automate -> PDF Presentation to put them into a PDF presentation. It looked amazing. This year, I made a few minor adjustments and did the same thing.  But when I view the final PDF, it is super tiny compared to the one I made last year.  I can't figure it out.  The "input" to the PDF Presentation is these PNG images of individual pages. The PNG pages from last year and this year are the same exact size (638x825px), exact same exact DPI (72dpi) and exact same size in inches (6.65"x8.59").  But when I do the Automate->PDF presentation from last year's PNG pages, and open the document, it looks great, fills the screen, and if I say "Print" it does a print preview with each page filing the whole screen.  When I do the Automate-> PDF presentation from this year's PNG pages, and open the document, it's teeny tiny.  And if I say "Print" it does a print preview and each image/page fills about 2inches of a page.  What is going on?  I am using the same exact settings for each Automate->PDF Presentation process. I have played with different settings and keep getting tghe same result.  Can you please help!

(I am attaching sample PNG pages from the old files and new files as well as the old and new created PDF presentation.  Note: the 2 pages I included are actually not ones I even changed.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, one more detail... after making this post, I tried exporting as JPG instead of PNG and then doing the Automate->PDF Presentation and the PDF is the right size.  What is going on with the second round PNGs that it's not working!?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Using the Community (forums) to Photoshop.]

Which version of Photoshop?

Which operating system?

What is the native PSD file's height, width and resolution?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop: v. 23.22

Operating System: Windows 20

Native PDS file: 2550px x 3300px (8.5 inches x 11 inches)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double check the size of your PNG images again. 

It sounds like something has changed since last years batch was created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The PNG pages from last year and this year are the same exact size (638x825px), exact same exact DPI (72dpi) and exact same size in inches (6.65"x8.59")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something in your figures doesn't add up.

638 x 825 pixels at 72 ppi is about 8.86 x 11.46 inches.

This suggests that somewhere in what you are checking, you aren't being given reliable info. A lot of apps don't report correct info for PDF files especially. Where do you read each of these values from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just ran the automate to PDF Presentation script on my end.  It worked great with PSD files that are 1600 x 1600px and 300ppi. The resulting PDF page is exactly the same size and resolution as the original image.

image.png

The Save to Adobe PDF settings I used. 

General Tab:

==========

Unchecked box to optimize for fast web preview. 

Compression Tab: 

=============

Print: High Quality

Image Compression: JPEG

Image Quality: Maximum. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines