Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF save gives can't save because of programm error

Participant ,
Mar 23, 2019 Mar 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have new file, color CMYK, 300dpi, 100x100 pix, only one line on it drawn (it's a dummy file to show problem).

Saving this file as PDF results in error (programm error).

When I do the same action in the account of an other user on my pc... it works OK (file is saved as PDF, no error).

Who can help me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 24, 2019 Mar 24, 2019

When this happens to me in Photoshop, which it does from time to time, saving the file in a different location or with a new filename works every time. Then I quickly go to the new location, rename it back to the original name, and move it back to the folder it belongs in. I don't know why it happens, though, so if that's the important thing to you, then maybe someone else can figure that out.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2019 Mar 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What have you done for trouble-shooting so far?

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

c.pfaffenbichler​ thanks for answer.

What I have done so far (about PS CS6):

1) reset to default settingsPS CS6 (menu: preferences: general)

1a) no results

1b) exit PhotoShop + stop Adobe ServiceManager

2) rename my own folder C:/users/Jan/AppData/Local/Adobe (to save one)

2a) copy entire same folder of other user to my environment

2b) no results

2c) restore those two folders

2d) exit PhotoShop + stop Adobe ServiceManager

3) rename my own folder C:/users/Jan/AppData/LocalLow/Adobe (to save one)

3a) copy entire same folder of other user to my environment

3b) no results

3c) restore those two folders

3d) exit PhotoShop + stop Adobe ServiceManager

4) rename my own folder C:/users/Jan/AppData/Roaming/Adobe (to save one)

4a) copy entire same folder of other user to my environment

4b) no results

4c) restore those two folders

4d) exit PhotoShop + stop Adobe ServiceManager

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

c.pfaffenbichler​

apologise... Last try (number 4 above) gives good result.... Wait... I do more investigation, and let you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

c.pfaffenbichler​

So ... after a lot of copying files like I did above, I found the folder in which the problem seems to be.

Like earlier explanation (2 post before) I found the folder.

It seems to be the folder: C: / users / Jan / AppData / Roaming / Adobe / Adobe Photoshop CS6 / Adobe Photoshop CS6 Settings

One of those file makes the PDF problem (note: it is not the folder WorkSpaces or WorkSpaces (Modified)).

I copied one by one the files from the "good" user to my environment, and then at once it goes OK (store PDF). BUT after reset that history step (copy that file), it was no more repeatable. ???

Which file makes the problem ... I can't say. -> it is the folder mentioned above.

In my previous posts I discribe several steps, but I think in practice I had make a mistake by NOT stop the Adoe service manager program, I seems that program gives a misleading situation, because it held open several files.

So: problem is solved for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just save as a different file name. All you have to do is add a "1" or "a" etc to the original filename.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to re install or download Adobe Acrobat

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Install for all versions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re install PhotoShop is not the way I like to work... I want to know where the problem is (if possible), and try to understand..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When this happens to me in Photoshop, which it does from time to time, saving the file in a different location or with a new filename works every time. Then I quickly go to the new location, rename it back to the original name, and move it back to the folder it belongs in. I don't know why it happens, though, so if that's the important thing to you, then maybe someone else can figure that out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Has anyone managed to fix this yet? I'm on a Mac and have the same issue with overwrite saving in Photoshop in any file format (e.g psd, jpg). I have re-installed Photoshop, which worked a treat for an hour or so, but it happened again. It seems like something changes in the settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines