Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pen Pressure not working new update photoshop 2020

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had this issue before in the Photoshop 2019, where photoshop do not recognice the pen pressure. I fix it in the 2019 version, by not enabling the windows ink when I am in photoshop, but apparently this trick do not work in the new version, I did try all I could find online and nothing is working.

I can not use the Update because of that, I am using a Cintiq 22 in Windows 10.

What can be happening?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Si funciona, solo cuiden que el archivo no tenga el .txt escrito por ustedes, para que funcione correctamente.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to note that "PSUserConfig.txt" fix did work for me. Thanks, JJ and Ged!
CC2020 (21.03 release), Windows 10, with a Wacom Intuos 3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did the same old trick, it works for PS 2020. I hope at some point Adobe add that damn script by default. Maybe Photoshop 2049 or so 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for trying to solve this, didn't work with that solution for my, runing PS 21.1.13 

Forget you mobile, I do the Poc
Loose your phone, I do the shot.
Book in... Signature
Tch2Chg C.H. & Advertising concepts outsourcing
Moslty sketches or line starters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just foudn the file ' PSUserConfig ' in my Adobe Photoshop 2020 Settings folder, and it already had the text 
' UseSystemStylus 0 '. Though the full file is written like this, do I need to change anything?
# Use WinTab
UseSystemStylus 0

# Use Legacy Healing Brush
LegacyHealingBrush 1

# Disable Scratch Compression for fast HDD

VMCompressionPages 0

# Use Overscrolling

OverscrollingAlways 2

What do I need to do as I still have the pen pressure problem using Photoshop 2020?
And do I need the rest of these listed commands? 

Please let me know, I am stuck and I am so excited for Photoshop and furthing my knowledge of the program. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For painting the best option for now is to revert back to 21.2.1. So leave the PSUserConfig.txt file unchanged, make sure that Windows Ink is disabled and downgrade. Don't forget to backup your settings folder before that or you will lose your settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a known bug. Adobe is working to fix it.

Photoshop, Pen Tablet & Windows Ink

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.4 - Photoshop 25.11 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just downloaded the 21.2.3 update (0607 GMT) , and it works!

Photoshop is back to PSUserConfig and disabling Windows Ink! Woooooooo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encountered this problem only today but it happend while I was updating and suddenly all sorts of popups opened up. "Camera Raw" was the popup that I couldn't get it off and had to restart my laptop.

I have tried the PSUserConfig - UseSystemStylus 0 on all the versions that I curently have. But nothing seems to work. I don't know what to do anymore 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was Photoshop update to 21.2.3 or did the update fail?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did just updated it. and it says that it is up to date ... but the problem is still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you configured to use WinTab or INK.  To configure for INK you tablet  device needs to be  configured to use windows INK with Photoshop or All applications including including  Photoshop. You should not have a PSUserConfig.txt in you Photoshop's preferences folder.

I use WinTab with Photoshop and my Wacom pen my configuration look like this:

image.png

image.pngimage.png

Disable Press and Hold Right Click.

image.png

PSUserConfig.txt in my user ID PS 2020 Preferences folder

image.pngimage.png

Tip Double Click distance off and Pen Mapping  use Windows INK  NOT Checked.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My pen pressure doesn't work anymore. I have updated photoshop and it is now up to day. I tried resetting the Prefs settings but no matter what I do the pen pressure is just not responding. I don't know what to do anymore. I already did the PSUserConfig.txt UseSystemStylus 0 trick but that doesn't seem to work. please help! my incom depents on this 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What hardware are you using you seem to be the only one having problems with 21.2.3?. If you using a Wacom tablet does its diagnostic show every thing is working

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 21.2.3 update did not fix WinTab for me either. Still stuck using Windows Ink. Wacom driver is up-to-date, as is Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even jornh86739666 got their pen working after reinstalling their Wacom driver.  Now there only seem to be a minor problem with  panning with tools that need to pan the image by switching to the hand toll via Space Bar.   The Wintab issue prevents the space bar switch to the hand tool  panning can not be done with Pen or Mouse.  With INK the space bar will switch to Hand Tool however you can not pan with the pen but you can pan with a Mouse.

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearly Adobe broke something with CC2020 - have the same problem - PSUserConfig.txt for wintab works perfectly well in PS 20.x.x - NOT working in PS 21.x.x 

Can't we ever have an point update without someone breaking core functionality? 

See my other post about this - no reply from Adobe yet 

BUG - wintab NOT WORKING IN 2020 (21.0.1) 

UPDATE : I've gotten wintab to work on a new fresh windows install on a new workstation - so thats great - strange thing is that pressure sensitivity is NOT working at all on this config in PS2020 UNLESS wintab is enabled. wtf? On 20.x.x on new install everything is normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the config file thing is not working for me and im lucky to have a very old wacom bamboo that my drivers dont have that options that the newer ones have so im stuck not being able to use my wacom on photoshop. The thing is, its only with photoshop... people are "blamming" on windows ink but everything else works fine for me. 

Problems i do have: 
First touch dont "paint" as it loads some windows ink circle

If i do disable windows ink my wacom dont work on photoshop with pressure anymore.

What is amazing is that this is a problem we can find in the forums for more than 2 years with no solution!!!! 

Thats another reason people are really talking about leaving Adobe ecosystem. I wish i could anytime soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tweet microsoft, photoshop and wacom, to see if they can address this issue, or bug. have a good time everyone. Tweeted from @Bookinco

Book in... Signature

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can they address it? Only Adobe can.  They like us can only comment on the issues. Or did you mean Adobe when you typed Photoshop.  Adobe is well aware of the issues lets hope that Adobe address them.   Photoshop 21.0.3 works.......

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure a mean adobe, but as long did on twitter and the specific issue is on PS I mentioned PS instead of adobe. lets wait until this can be solved. or use the wacom pen as a mouse. 

Book in... Signature

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To solve the problem currently you use Photoshop 2020 version 21.0.3 and use WinTab. Only Adobe can fix Photoshop....

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And they are the only ones we are going to quit... there are other alternatives and all the apps I have got are working as intended with my tablet... Seems they are looking for a monopoly of incompetence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines