Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pen pressure not working

Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've never had this problem before. I've been using Huion Kamvas 22 Plus for 2 years and so far it worked very well with Photoshop (updated versions). I updated my Windows this morning and since then my Photoshop doesn't read the pen pressure at all. I've updated my Photoshop version and updated Huion drawers and it's not working. The pen pressure works well in other apps. How can I make Photoshop read the pen pressure? 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Okay, I've just uninstalled Huion drivers and downloaded the latest one. It looks like the driver app was outdated, even though I updated it 2 hours ago. I really had no idea about it. Thank you for your help! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check the (infamous) Windows Ink issue?
(my tablet is an XpPen, but settings are similar on the Huion

Imaginerie_0-1674934518484.png

Sometimes it gets disabled when updating.

It should be on for the pen to work. If it's checked, try to unckeck it, and see if it resolves the problem. Try also to update the tablet drivers and double check the windows ink option is still on after the update.

Hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I did it a couple of times. I checked, unchecked a couple of times. I also updated the driver. The pen pressure works for other appsa like Medibang, but not for Photoshop. I also tried installing WinTab and it didn't help.

_0-1674935395408.png

(Sorry, it's polish language)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a specific set of settings for photoshop (like I have as seen on my screenshot, where I have a tab for PS, AI, OBS and the generic set ), I know on my PenTablet interface, I can disable/enable for each software.

Also, is it just the pen pressure, or is it with the tilt as well?... I am asking because for brushes and stamp tool, you can actually override the pressure at the source.
See the screenshot:

Screenshot 2023-01-28 204714.png

Apart from that, check also on Huion forums to see if there is something specific to their new update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I've just uninstalled Huion drivers and downloaded the latest one. It looks like the driver app was outdated, even though I updated it 2 hours ago. I really had no idea about it. Thank you for your help! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're most welcome, glad it worked for you!
(It's the same with XPPen, the updates are really all over the place. One thing I have learned is that everytime now a new driver update comes, I install it and also keep it safe somewhere, I always have one update and the previous one saved. Just in case. I also save my tablet settings - with all my painstainkingly custom button/wheel behaviours - because sometimes updating the drivers wipe those settings.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines