• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo Restoration Neural Filter Temporarily Disabled

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Photo Restoration filter inside the Neural Filters is temporarily disabled due to an error. I'm currently running macOS Ventura 13.0 and Photoshop 24.0. Is there a fix for this, or will I need to wait for a PS dot update?

Thanks!

John

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the following:

1. Restart Photoshop and try again
  2. Download the filter models again
    • Quit Photoshop, delete or rename the following folder, Start Photoshop and try again:
      • WindowsC:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\UXP\
        PluginsStorage\PHSP\24\Internal\com.adobe.nfp.gallery\PluginData
      • Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/UXP/PluginsStorage/
        PHSP/24/Internal/com.adobe.nfp.gallery/PluginData

Instructions here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/neural-filters-feedback.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Photoshop Beta. I deleted the PHSPBETA directory and Photoshop re-downloaded the Beta plug-in for Restoration. I got the same error that it was Temporarily Disabled. Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2023 Feb 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this, and this helped, but only once. after restarting photohop, the error appears again. Please suggest a fix. I  am using the latest version of PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried all there is to find on the Web, including Jeffrey's suggestion. Nothing is working. Can Adobe fix this issue please? March 7th, 2023.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did every thing that mentioned here but problem is remain the same 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2024 Feb 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He quitado varias veces la carpeta y bajado de nuevo los neural filters con el Photoshop actualizado y me sigue diciendo el mismo error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Jeffrey! However, I've tried multiple different things, including the instructions provided, and it still doesn't work. I appreciate the help regardless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The default option has the face enhancer at 50. After you get that error message turn it down to 0 and it should work. 

sigridp84624869_0-1679966869458.png

It will only give you the face enhance feature if it detects faces, but if a face is turned, looking down or too small it will not detect a face, that's why turning it to 0 works. It will then be able to focus on the entire photo and still give really amazing results!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This worked for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to have worked for me as well. I also noticed that if photos are not very high quality on the front end, the plug-in will not work regardless and give me the error message still. Seems that some glitches need to be figured out still regardless of any work around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
3 hours ago 3 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, worked for me also. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I figured out what was happening. The Neural Filter wasn't working because it couldn't detect faces in the attached photo. Not sure why it couldn't as all my other AI apps detected faces immediately.

I thought I would let everyone know what is happening.

boat-and-kids.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello John...I'm curious which other A.I. apps you're using that are requiring face detection and if there are any others for restoration or grain reduction that you find markedly better than what Photoshop is offering. We do a ton of Kodak Disc Film scanning here and by layering in the Photoshop version of "photo restoration" at about 35%, we can really improve these tiny film frames. I'd like to be able to use a higher layer density than 35% but the image gets pretty porcelainy looking and artifical and frankly, a little bit creepy too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine has also not worked for 3 days.  I've tried done everything suggested in this thread and also uninstalled and re-installed photoshop and installed the beta version.  All with no joy. 

I've also tried applying the neural filter to a layer containing just the face, and a B&W conversion of that layer.  Also no joy.

I've ticked the "not satisfied" box on the neural filter and supplied my photo with the feedback.

The photo is a headshot and the "facial smoothing" neural filter has no problem detecting the face so I don't think that is the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same issue.  I tried uninstalling the Beta Photoshop version and reinstalling and that did not work.  When it did work a few days ago, sometimes it was awesome. But sometimes it would do some funky things like changing the new color of one side of a shirt to another color on the other side.  When the lips were too dark, I would use the sponge tool to desaturate some of the color.  That helped some.  Still, I was really loving it and I do hope they work out the bugs soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing all the same issues you are reporting. On the coloring issue, I find unchecking auto color gives much better results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that tip!  When ever I can get to colorize feature to work,  I do believe unchecking the about color helps.  Once I got the colorize filter to work after reducing the photo file size.  I do hope Adobe gets the kinks worked out, because I believe it is a wonderful and amazing tool!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is there any solution? I have the same problem on PS24.2 and actual Beta, the Neural Filters is temporarily disabled due to an error. New installation of flter and PS do not fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Photo Restoration neural filter is deaktivated because an error (i don´t know which one?).

How i can aktivate this filter?

I have also renewed ths folder: Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/UXP/PluginsStorage/
PHSP/22/Internal/com.adobe.nfp.gallery/PluginData

PS 24.2, mac

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the Photoshop community. I'll need more info to help you figure this out. Please share the system info of Photoshop from Help > System info > Copy & paste into a text document > upload to Creative Cloud files (https://assets.adobe.com/files) and share it with us.

The Photo Restoration neural filter is in beta, so your feedback is well-heard.

Try these things & let me know the outcomes:

Let me know how it goes. Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sameer,

thanks for your support.

A image with an identifiable face works on PS24.2 and on PS Beta.

My image has no persons, so there is an report "the Neural Filters is temporarily disabled due to an error".

The filter is great, i hope in future it will work also without faces/persons.

Tanks

Luggi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn the Enhance Face to zero. That's what has consistently worked for me and I haven't had to uninstall or update anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried with another better image and it worked but not with my old picture so perhaps it is about recognize a face, a better face. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn the Enhance Face to zero. That's what has consistently worked for me and I haven't had to uninstall or update anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines