• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo Restoration Neural Filter Temporarily Disabled

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Photo Restoration filter inside the Neural Filters is temporarily disabled due to an error. I'm currently running macOS Ventura 13.0 and Photoshop 24.0. Is there a fix for this, or will I need to wait for a PS dot update?

Thanks!

John

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This filter had become critical in my workflow when trying to drain scans of Kodak disc film. By layering it in at about 30 percent it can really make this tiny format of film look a lot better without looking artifical in the way the the "photo restoration" filter will do if applied too aggresively. Now though, I can hardly use it because I keep getting the massage "We've temporarily disabled this filter because of an error". 

I've seen other posts about this but no answers that make sense for my situation. I'm hopeful someone will have an answer...even if it's just to say its an bug in the filter and I'll need to wait for a fix.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz

64 gb ram 
8 gb GPU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a similar thread with recommendations that you could try:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is having the same issue, but then I started using it on other photos and it worked on the other ones with the exception of two. I noticed that if it doesn't recognize the face right when you open it and its on the face smoothing tab, it won't work. Even if the face is very visable! Super annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah...I hope it improves over time. You need to pull down the face enhancement tab to zero after it fails and then it will apply it's degraining but not do the face enhancement. No need to re run the filter. The message it gives you is really misleading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2023 Mar 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same error with the 3rd tif I used but found it worked consistently when I used jpgs. I'm still testing my theory though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2023 Mar 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I turned the "enhance face" to 0 and it worked on the picture that I had previously gotten the error on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, here's my workaround while this error is occuring: The error usually occurs when there are too many faces in the photo (a group portrait for example). What I do is, restore the photo with no face enhancement, crop the photo down to contain only one or two faces, run the filter, copy the result, step back in history to the restored group shot again and paste the faces over the portrait. Then, I erase the surrounding elements, leaving just the restored faces.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ridiculous, to have to do all those things for a function to work.
I expect Adobe to resolve the situation. By the way, the picture I am
trying to fix has only one person, nothing special about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you posted this over a year ago.  Photo restoration is still in beta and still not working.  Pretty disappointing.  I would expect more from Photoshop.  

I've tried all the fixes folks have noted, but nothing works.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's become such an important feature for us at this point but it remains hit and miss. It is especially frustrating with lower contrast images because it puts a bit "t" shape through the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop error.JPGHow To Resolve This Error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might be a good idea to change the syntax from "Weve disabled this filter because of an error" to "try setting face enhancement to 0" or such like. As that seems to cure it for me also, although I do actually want to use the face enhancement feature so its still broken for my intent and purpose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the current message, I visualize some great PS overseer is pulling some lever in a Willy Wonka type factory, disabling the filter. Simply by changing this message or having the system turn down the facial enhancement automatically and give you a message it's done so, would stop so much confusion there's been about this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines