• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop (2014) Extensions greyed out, extension manager not recognizing photoshop 2014

Enthusiast ,
Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im unable to migrate my plugins fomr photoshop cc to cc 2014. Extension manager doesnt seem to show the 2014 versions and also the extensions menu is greyed out inside photoshop, so Im unable to pick anything in there.

anyone knows whats going on ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got extension menu to appear by installing some of the add-ons, which you access by going into help menu and add-ons. Important! : Make sure that in the creative Cloud app Preferences/Files/ sync is turned ON! If not it will look like you are installing but nothing happens. Turn it on and then install an add-on...then most likely extensions will appear.

But I gotta say though, that adobe has an Add-on feature and an Extension manager, which are working with eachother and sometimes doesnt play along. Its ALL really confuzing and not very user friendly. Even some of my extensions got transfered and seems as they are installed in the extension manager but still not appearing inside photoshop cc 2014 (so it doesnt even say that they aren't supported).

And I don´t understand why Adobe have disabled the flash extensions, which I assume is the reason why we cant use extensions such as Magic Picker, Cooloru, Cut & Slice me & Layrs. I hope this have brought Photoshop some great optimisations (though I haven´t noticed any), if not, I don´t understand why at least adobe couldn't let us choose to have flash plugins or not (it could be a enable feature under preferences)....There´s more than enough other old features in Photoshop that never disappear, which probably aren´t in much use.... Why remove one of the features that actually gives use a better Photoshop experience?? -Then at least Adobe should give us an equalent color picker and a layer batch renaming tool, and the other stuff people need for daily use.

If anyone has got coolorus or magic picker to work in Photoshop cc 2014, please let us know!! It´s one of the extensions I truly miss the most.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, after I turned on Sync in Creative Cloud at least Kuler appeared in Extensions.

Concerning Coolorus/Magic Picker. Coolorus team wrote on their twitter 'We’ll be releasing a public statement about Coolorus in the new CC 2014 in the next 48h. For now we suggest to not upgrade to latest CC'. Actually, I would prefer a proper version rather that statement, but I wonder what are they going to say. Did this html fever avoid them?

Anyway, I prefer Magic Picker. Anastasiy (MP's author) said that the html version of the panel is almost ready and will be available in 12-24h after CC 2014 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the info. I talked to the Coolorus guys, they said it wont be available until september, so no luck there.

But if Magic Picker will work, then at least I have that Magic picker is as good I guess, just doesnt look as snazzy...though thats not the important part

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for telling Seems like a early release, but Im glad to get the wheel back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed it, it IS very basic I'm going back to CC 2013

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I agree. But it´s not gonna hold me back from using cc 2014. I want the latest features in Photoshop. Never understood why adobe just couldn't make their own color wheel with various features. It´s an obvious advancements from what the default color picker is. And since it took anastaciy 1 day to make this lite color wheel version I don't think its that much work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 21, 2014 Jun 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many of the Flash Panel authors are working to convert their panels to HTML to work in Photoshop CC 2014. But it may take a while for some of them to make that transition.

Basically: the Flash support went away, so we had to get rid of the Flash Panels (which caused a lot of issues anyway).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this and I don't want to be stating the obvious for some but for those of you who have the Extensions menu option greyed out, do you have a document open? The Extensions menu along with other menu options will be greyed out until you have an open document. I just wanted to put that out there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brian, that's not true. Window menu is never greyed out regardless of documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmmm...Weird, it was greyed out for me until I opened a document, then I was able to activate GuideGuide. Sorry about that. Carry on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how did you get guide guide to work? mine's listed, but it doesn't appear in the menu, and their website says it doesn't work in cc2014.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GuideGuide.me website. There is an updated  version. It's not perfect but it works. Takes some getting used to since the interface is different. It's the only 3rd party plugin I have that is actually working. Some are awaiting updates and one is DOA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

brian.piltin wrote:

GuideGuide.me website. There is an updated  version. It's not perfect but it works. Takes some getting used to since the interface is different. It's the only 3rd party plugin I have that is actually working. Some are awaiting updates and one is DOA.

Hey, thanks for the heads up.  I'd gone back to using 2013 because it felt hideous trying to set up a document without GuideGuide.  I'm a happy bunny now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

never mind -- i just tried again, and guide guide's working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually it is true. My extensions panel was greyed out until I opened a document also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be that you checked the menu right after the PS started? Because Extensions is available in 3-5 seconds after PS starts. Anyway, at least osx version doesnt grey out Extensions menu if there are no documents

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Extensions" is greyed out until you have a compatible extension installed. Extensions can appear installed in the Extensions Manager even when they are not compatible with CC(2014) and the "Extensions" menu will still be greyed out. If you install the new Kuler extension (for example) the "Extensions" menu item will be available, but will not show older (Flash based?) extensions. Messy and confusing implementation not assisted by individual extensions not being marked as compatible or not. Big BAD for Adobe on this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2014 Jun 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'"Extensions" is greyed out until you have a compatible extension installed. Extensions can appear installed in the Extensions Manager even when they are not compatible with CC(2014) and the "Extensions" menu will still be greyed out. If you install the new Kuler extension (for example) the "Extensions" menu item will be available, but will not show older (Flash based?) extensions. Messy and confusing implementation not assisted by individual extensions not being marked as compatible or not. Big BAD for Adobe on this one.'

that cleared it up. thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

^ and vice versa.  Ive tried to install adons for CC and they just won't register in Extensions Manager CC as being compatible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2014 Jun 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll just stick with PS CC 2013 for so many plugins i love haven't been converted yet (specially coolorous)

But thanks to everyone who posted here to help clarify the problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem for me I had 5 plugins according to Extension Manager:

• GuideGuide
  • Material Presets
  • BlendMeIn
  • Adobe Exchange
  • SpecKing

I received an update to SpecKing today and downloaded the newest version (v3) of GuideGuide. The extension window still didn't show. I then went through and disabled the extensions to see if they would load. I turned off all but GuideGuide and SpecKing (seeing as how I just updated them), RESTARTED Photoshop and the the extension option was available.

I then went through the process of Enabling the other Plugins, quitting and restarting Photoshop after each one. Now I have all the plug-ins enabled and the Extension Menu is no longer disabled.

I have noticed that since getting it working when I restart the option is not immediately available but it is after a couple of seconds (2-3). Almost like it gets loaded after the program is running, and not during the initial load of the Program.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump.   We are still getting new threads on this, and this as good a thread as any.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2014 Jun 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i tried to uninstall and then intall ext. Manager 2 times. Still the CC2014 Versions of Adobe are not listed in the Manager Window and none of my Plugins, including GuideGuide, are working or showing.

I dont understand how Adobe expects their users to "find out" their own way, how their Programs work properly.

It is the second time now, that i have issues with CC. The first was with Adobe Bridge, not having the Output Module anymore. (On Mac the workaround with copying the necessary files manually in some folders works, on my Windows Machine it does not. And No, im not going to use Lightroom instead.)

Hoping that Adobe will update the Extension Manager very soon. I am not trying to copy this and that to there and there or install and uninstall different programms whole day long just to make it work properly. Spent alrdy several hours just to fix this obvious bugs.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2014 Jun 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version is Extension manager showing now?

Extension Manager.JPG

And the Desktop Application manager?

DAM.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines