• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop 2019 - can't save psd file on the server

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens to everyone in my company when we update our MAC to Mojave and Photoshop 2019. It won't allow you to save psd and creates below's bugs when saving PSD on the server. Does anyone know the solutions to solve this?

no permission to access

error message.jpg

creating additional files

addiornal files in photoshop.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a ton of permission issues with Mojave, I'm guessing it's the culprit. Can you save locally and then upload to the server?

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can download the file and save locally then overwrite the file on the server. It is just not efficient to work, since most of companies work on files directly on the server. Other users on the forum have the same issue as well (Re: "Could not save (xyz_filename) because write access was not granted." ), Not sure if this is an Adobe or Mojave issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe for the most part doesn't support working directly off a server. A lot of things can go wrong. Is this a Windows server? If so, Windows Server 2016 or (better) Acronis Files Connect works a lot better with Mac clients than older versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully someone from tech support will jump in help. I know personally I had to switch cloud back up companies because of constant issues with Mojave and that is just the tip of the iceberg of problems I've had with it .

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does not support working over a network. It's very annoying to say the least.

Troubleshoot issues with networks, removable media in Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've never had issues with the other programs– Indesign or Illustrator– I can save files just fine through them on our company's server, just not PS files... this is so annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines