• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2019 disable start screen gone from preferences

Contributor ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems the function to disable the start screen has been removed from prefs > general.

Very annoying it keep popping up every time I close document after working with it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Hi

It's called "Disable the Home Screen" now

Untitled3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Contributor ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same annoying problem running PS 2019 on Mac Pro OSX High Sierra.  Nothing suggested above seems to get rid of the screen.  Kind of like running one's fingernails on a blackboard ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most annoying thing ever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe I have found how to disable Photoshop CC 2019's automatically appearing home page. I managed to remove it (so far so good) by using this combination of settings:

1. First tick the selection box (in Preferences/General) that says "Disable the Home Screen" (as has been suggested already).
2. Then, in the application itself, select Photoshop's top menu item called "Window" and in the drop down menu, 3rd from the bottom, remove the tick next to "Application Frame".
3. Finally close and restart Photoshop.

it's worked for me so far... but gremlins being what they are... as in Murphy's Law... I'll hold my breath a little before being certain. Feedback please if it doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC2019 Home screen fix 1.pngPhotoshop CC2019 Home screen fix 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow thanks this has worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the first thing that has worked. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick easy answer, I missed that as well. Thanks to Adobe for continuing to make little annoyances such as this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing from above works for me, think have to return to 2018
hate this version. by the way Indesign consuming a lot of ram and slooooowww my work, I change to 2018 too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is by far the correct answer. It's the logical, but not the solution.
I'm a mix of IT Adobe/Mac Expert and I've made several tests. The ONE thing that is keeping my open files from disappearing from screen, property panels not showing and, after all is closed, have this annoying Home Screen pop-up is to KEEP it popped-up.
Untick the "Disable Home Screen" and untick the WINDOW / APPLICATION FRAME option.
Of course, you'll have that nagging Home Screen somewhere, but just keep it aside and forget about it. I hate it, but that's better than having problems with the image windows etc. Now I don't have to restart PS after the bug kicks in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not at all solved or the correct answer.

This option is ompletly removed from the prefernces i latest photshop.

it is now called "Auto show the home screen" and even if this option is not ticked the home screen still show when no files are open. Home screen is slow to load and makes photoshop slower.

Not only that, but sometimes I have sensetive files in the recent files list

and I have no eway of turning that off. only way is to clear recent files list every once in a while

but you know what? Sometimes i forget and my coleeags might see some photos I don't want anyone to see.
So why noy just giving us the simple feature of turning the home screen completly off?

Waiting for a real answer and not this answewr whhich dost not solve nothing.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, guys, I've accidentally came accross a fix for this annoying thing, yay!

Open Photoshop

See annoying Home screen

Press ESC on the keyboard

Behold, the Home screen disappears, party time!

If you want to make this permanent, go to Preferences and uncheck: Auto show the home screen

Close and reopen Photoshop and forget the nightmare

Enjoy and hope Adobe doesn't try to destroy other things that we like : DDD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's it!!! Thanxxxx so much!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The answer to how to get rid of the home page in PhotoShop (at least for the current version) is ridiculously simple - maybe even useful.

If you have Photoshop opened to the Home Page you'll see under the three color dots in the upper left corner the letters "Ps" in blue. Click on the Ps and voila you will see in front of you a standard PhotoShop work page and the Home Page will be gone! To get back to Home Page, should you really want to use it, you will now see under the color dots a little picture of a house. Click on the house and the Home Page willl come back and the work canvas will be gone. Forget the Prefrences.

That's it. When the Adobe person showed me all that I asked why Adobe has'nt put this info out on the web he said that they were working on it.

Good Luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines