• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2019: Generator error

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you select Export as or Save for web on PSP 2019 I get the error message Photoshop 2019: Generator error "If the problem persists remove any third-party plugins or try reinstalling Photoshop" . I tried to uninstall all the CC cloud and all applications using the adobe cleaner but nothing. If I install only the CC2018 here it works Does anyone know how to solve on the operating system WIN 10?

[Title shortened for brevity by moderator. Was “Photoshop 2019: Generator error "There is a problem with Generator. Please quit Photoshop and try again. If the problem persists remove any third-party plugins or try reinstalling Photoshop"]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Winner!!! Thank you so much for figuring this out and going through all the pain....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! But unfortunately, I have already re-installed Photoshop at this point but at least I know what's causing the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Have Kaspersky.The problem is still there and i cannot export anything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome! Worked like a charm. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve!  The Malwarebytes fix worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me too. 

Don't have the "usual" dialog box for when using "Quick Export As" but will figure that one out later.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed a 2018 program version of Malwarebytes and there have been no conflicts between Photoshop CC 2020 and the antimalware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also fixed it for me! Thank you so much 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ajudou muito!! Obrigado! #Brazil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me! Thank you very much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too, after several other suggestions failed. Thanks a lot for posting it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was it for me too!!! Great tip for us Malwarebytes users (and antivirus users in general). So glad I came across this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Steve! I ran down so many other things that didn't work, and I would not in a million years have guessed your solution. That one did the trick! If it hasn't already, Adobe Support should add "Are you running MalwareBytes" to any initial screens for this problem. Would save a lot of time and scary mucking around in the system registry when it may not be necessary for these users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Adding C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\node.exe to the Allow list for Malwarebytes 4.0.4.49 fixed the generator message for Photoshop CC 2020 for me too. Thank you for posting your solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant, this worked for me too.

We use Malwarebytes Cloud at my organisation, so we had to add it as an exclusion in the web portal. Instantly fixed the issue and export as PNG working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work.

Update: This didn't work for me as I had excluded node.js  I do not know if it would have worked if I had instead done OP's exclude node.exe However I fixed my problem by forcing an upgrade to win 10, enabling me to install PS 2020. The 2nd day using PS 2020 it started giving the generator error.  Which I was able to correct (so far) by add the node.exe exclusion to malwarebytes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so very much Steve_Skinner. Your solution with adding to the allow list in Malwarebytes most certainly hit the spot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve,

But by adding "node.exe" to the MalwareBytes allow list has made the error go away! The only change that I'm aware of was to 'update' MalwareBytes recently,.... so I suppose that points to a change.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me!!! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the solution for me. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Malwarebytes solution listed below fixed it for me after hours of trying the different options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 Malwarebytes fix worked instantly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally gave up and did a forced install of Win 10 and updated PS to 2020, that finally made the Generator Error go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just curious. Do you have MalwareBytes installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have malwarebytes installed, and added the exception for node.js, no help. I even put java back on the computer in desperation. The error appeared in various places in PS workflow. I also tried deleting and restoring from a (pre error) back up, the logs in the Generator folder, and then the complete Photoshop 2018 Settings folder, no improvement. As I mentioned and others confirmed, turning off Enable Generator just resulted in it re-enabling itself (I do use Export As:). The only fix that stuck was upgrading to Win 10, which then allowed CC panel to install PS 2020, so far has not shown the error. Good luck, sorry we have to figure this out ourselves, considering what we pay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines