• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2019: Generator error

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you select Export as or Save for web on PSP 2019 I get the error message Photoshop 2019: Generator error "If the problem persists remove any third-party plugins or try reinstalling Photoshop" . I tried to uninstall all the CC cloud and all applications using the adobe cleaner but nothing. If I install only the CC2018 here it works Does anyone know how to solve on the operating system WIN 10?

[Title shortened for brevity by moderator. Was “Photoshop 2019: Generator error "There is a problem with Generator. Please quit Photoshop and try again. If the problem persists remove any third-party plugins or try reinstalling Photoshop"]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just be aware that the file you need to exclude is node.exe in the
Photoshop 2020 folder - not "node.js".

If you haven't already, perhaps just shut down MalwareBytes from the tray
icon and test Photoshop from there?

The generator error will occur on startup and any time you try to use
export functionality (and maybe others).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been chasing this all morning. Finally found the solution (for me anyway) - it was being caused by MalwareBytes, who are aware of it. THis link for more info and the work-around: https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/254622-latest-update-breaks-photoshop/?tab=comments#comment-13...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heads up everyone. By now, a lot of you have found the MalwareBytes solution I posted on this thread awhile ago. Well, I just wanted to give you a heads up...

Today I got an update to the MalwareBytes software, and the same generator error started showing up again when starting Photoshop. Turns out, the MalwareBytes update removed all entries I previously had created in the allow list, including C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\node.exe. 

So, if you find this generator error coming back again, it's probably the same thing. Just check your MalwareBytes allow list. You probably got a software update for it too, and it nuked your allow list settings like it did mine. Pain in the butt, but easy to solve.

Have a great day everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines