• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2019 Just like Junk or its me?

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2019 Feb 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok been user of PS for long time now installed PS 2019 and its like some one else not Adobe made whole thing from scratch. Ok fine we have new round buttons in UI i can bare with that. then we have new icons for tools that are blurry on all monitors i can possibly try. Why to change icons? Why u did not like old icons that are easy to guess what they are? ok so u figured they now ambiguous so you made tutorial next to each one so we can guess is is eraser or a brush gmm fine in year form now i can adapt to that. But then as i keep using it i see more and more. Ex im droping perfectly fine image and  PS makes it pixilated low res,... why? On all old PS versions it was reverse, i drop low res image and it gets upscale and even looks better now its reverse? Not enough trouble? keyboard combinations are now different too, tried to scale asset proportionally hlding Shift but now its inverted no shift make sit proportional and shift  + move is anamorphous.

Why to change everything that was perfectly working? If you do totally rebuild product then call it something different. It so bad that i need to go back to erlier version, but im so upset with Adobe now so im looking at Gimp and i think its time to go open source for good. Id does not look like adobe is a industry leader in graphic editing tools any more .... seams they decide to follow Microsoft path of taking great products and trashing them to unusable condition

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You and others

Perfect never every version of Photoshop has some bugs.

https://forums.adobe.com/search.jspa?q=blurry%2Cicons

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Lots of info about your dislikes but very little to go on in terms of helping you. So a few questions, which may help explain what you are seeing.

1. What version are you comparing CC2019 to when you describe these changes

2. What operating system are you running CC2019 on.

3. What resolution is your monitor

4. What are your UI scaling settings in Preferences Interface

5. Can you post a screenshot of the image that is being "upscaled" at 100% zoom and include details of the actual image size in pixels

I am not seeing any of the issues you describe on my system, so the issues are not universal but if you are seeing something strange it would be good to get to the bottom of it.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alexus2  wrote

its like some one else not Adobe made whole thing from scratch.

There's some irony in your statement above, because your post is almost impossible to read.  We don't know if English is your first language, and if not, it might be easier if you use your first language and let the translation tool work it out, as we might have a chance of understanding you that way.

Try reading the What's New section of the Help pages.  This will explain what has changed and why.

New and enhanced features | Latest release of Photoshop CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you drop image on canvas and image has DPI info inside than PS tries to resize placed image according to document resolution. It is very annoying and as far I know there no way to disable it.

Btw I think that new rendering engine introduced in PS 2019 is made from scratch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Place will resize degrade images if the print resolution of the document is different then the file being place in print dpi setting.  Copy Paste. Duplicate layers into different document and drag and dropping between documents does not degrade images.  The image actual pixels are preserved no resizing is done.  It just a stupid Place thing.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well my post was more like a summary of different things

1. I'm running Win 10 x64
2. Comparing to CC2015, 2016. I skipped '17, '18 updates as i reinstall major apps only on PC re installs

3. Monitors are running 1080p. Clients machine has 4k monitors and win 7

4. UI scaling: Auto, Scales to Font

As to image resolution: by now i removed one i had trouble with so i cant go back to chcek, but it was generic off the net clip art black and white. i just dropped it  to the art board and got terrible results. I used CC2016 did same action (just really opening image and saving as PNG) and got good (as expected results) i will try to find same image and try to see what happens if i open it for editing and then copy and paste instead of drug and drop

As to icons they just blurry, actual PS interface icons, like tools etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines