Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2019 Save for Web Error Mac OS Mojave

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I have an issue saving jpgs for web with my newly updated Photoshop 2019. I also recently updated my OS to Mojave.

When I try to save, there's a message saying:

"Adobe save for web error. Could not complete this operation. An unknown operating system error has occured."

Screen Shot 2018-11-10 at 15.28.23.png

I've uninstalled and reinstalled my Photoshop but it still didn't work. I tried older version of Photoshop it also didn't work. I've been trying out different settings as well as Googling it but I couldn't find the answer. If anyone happens to run into the same problem and know the answer that'd be super helpful. Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Sure, the "save for web" is deprecated and its mostly used for animated gifs. The right way is the export as .
This works in 2 ways. From "File/Export/Export as..." you are going to export the whole document/artbord and via the same command using the hamburger menu from layers panels you are going to export the single/multiple layers for web formats.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Hey guys, not sure if this will solve the issue for everyone, but it certainly solved it for me. I started experiencing this issue today after my Mac updated to Catalina 10.15.2 and my Photoshop updated to 21.0.2 (Photoshop 2020).

Upon updating Photoshop, I didn't realize that it would add an entirely new photoshop app to my computer (& different icon) instead of just "refurbishing" the 2019 app. So the solution that worked for me was to open up the 2020 version from the adobe creative cloud and

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, not sure if this will solve the issue for everyone, but it certainly solved it for me. I started experiencing this issue today after my Mac updated to Catalina 10.15.2 and my Photoshop updated to 21.0.2 (Photoshop 2020).

Upon updating Photoshop, I didn't realize that it would add an entirely new photoshop app to my computer (& different icon) instead of just "refurbishing" the 2019 app. So the solution that worked for me was to open up the 2020 version from the adobe creative cloud and boom, I can now export / save for web as normal!

I definitely felt crazy for not having realized this sooner, but here's hoping this will help someone else who may feel the same way!

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, yes this is definitely solved now.  Thank goodness.

And thank you for the update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! That worked for me too...

Drag the 2019 PS icon in your dock to the trash, open PS 2020 (updated 21.0.2) from the Adobe CC cloud window and it opens with the new updated version, plus provides a new dock icon to boot. I confirm the Export Save for Web works again.

I'll do this the whole CC suite to ensure no further issues. Happy to see the community rock this one out. Happy Holidays kids, cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

genius thanks a lot this worked!

how stupid that the old app stays in system when updated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, Im having this very same issue although I have another layer of complication...

I was previoulsy using the new 2020 version of PS but the application began giving super weird glitches when I would save out gifs.

For instance, I save out a 35 frame gif, all frames set to 0.03 except the last frame set to 5 seconds. When I would preview the same gif after saving, it appears make the second to last frame hold for 5 seconds instead...

This happened with other gifs as well and not always at the end of the animation. The one consistant was the app swapping of frame times.

I uninstalled 2020 and reinstalled 2019 but also updated to Catalina yesterday. Now I am getting this "unknown error" whenever I try to save a gif. Doesnt matter the size. Anyone have any ideas? Im at a complete stand still...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem persist for me. I cannot use Photoshop 2020 because it has a major lag problem that eventually develops when using a Continq/Wacom + Catalina. It's a complete disaster. I'm going to have to retro-install 10.14. Catalina has completely screwed my entire work provess. Can barely use my Wacom or Cintiq with it and Photoshop.

I am deleting Catalina and reinstalling 10.14. It's the only fix for all these absurd and terrible problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem persist for me. I cannot use Photoshop 2020 because it has a major lag problem that eventually develops when using a Continq/Wacom + Catalina. It's a complete disaster. I'm going to have to retro-install 10.14. Catalina has completely screwed my entire work process. Can barely use my Wacom or Cintiq with it and Photoshop.

I am deleting Catalina and reinstalling 10.14. It's the only fix for all these absurd and terrible problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Stephen you're an absolute star!

I don't like to replace old versions with the new in case I experience any issues—I have very little faith in Apple and Adobe testing software thoroughly these days. I'll have to remember to actually use the new one though 🤦‍:male_sign:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stephen, you did it! 

I have a keyboard shortcut (Maestro app) to open my most used apps and Photoshop was one of them. I shut down the old version and manually opened the newer version of PS and BOOM! Fixed! 

Whew! 

Rusty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMg. Life saver. This solved it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WWOOOOOWWWW you will never understand how much i appreciate this answer here. adobe support couldnt even help me and i was pulling out what little hair i have left!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey did anybody find a solution already?

or is it not possible to save animated GIF's anymore in photoshop?

I tried updating photoshop and resetting the preferences all no luck...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anytime

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here! Cannot save for web. Using Photoshop CC 2019 - Mac OS Catalina 10.15.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here T.T I tried several ways but it is not working. It happened after Mac OS update few days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing is happening to me. Waiting on Apple to sort this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you reached out to Apple Support? 

I spoke with them over the weekend and they are blaming Adobe... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am chatting with them now. It's not Adobe. Literally the only thing that has changed since it was working fine for me last night and it not this morning is that OS update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please keep us posted on any info from Apple.  Perhaps they were more defensive about it when I initally called.  

Apple indicated that Adobe may need to update the Save For Web file in the Library.  However, not sure when that may happen, or if that is even the solution... I have deleted that file and relaunched PS to no avail.  (That was Apple's reccomendation)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this isn't going to be good news to hear, but after no success when chatting for Apple, I did a complete uninstall and resinstall of Photoshop directly from the Adobe site, and it's now working for me. 

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled and reinstalled as well - it didn't work for me- but I reinstalled from the page at the icon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, All

Is Photoshop added to "System Preferences / Security & Privacy / Full Disc access" ?

Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 05.11.12.png

--
Susumu Iwasaki

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me I had to update to photoshop 2020 for it to work with Catalina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this worked for me as well.

Thank you for the fix.  Very much appreciated. 

Solved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines