Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2019 Save for Web Error Mac OS Mojave

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I have an issue saving jpgs for web with my newly updated Photoshop 2019. I also recently updated my OS to Mojave.

When I try to save, there's a message saying:

"Adobe save for web error. Could not complete this operation. An unknown operating system error has occured."

Screen Shot 2018-11-10 at 15.28.23.png

I've uninstalled and reinstalled my Photoshop but it still didn't work. I tried older version of Photoshop it also didn't work. I've been trying out different settings as well as Googling it but I couldn't find the answer. If anyone happens to run into the same problem and know the answer that'd be super helpful. Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Sure, the "save for web" is deprecated and its mostly used for animated gifs. The right way is the export as .
This works in 2 ways. From "File/Export/Export as..." you are going to export the whole document/artbord and via the same command using the hamburger menu from layers panels you are going to export the single/multiple layers for web formats.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Hey guys, not sure if this will solve the issue for everyone, but it certainly solved it for me. I started experiencing this issue today after my Mac updated to Catalina 10.15.2 and my Photoshop updated to 21.0.2 (Photoshop 2020).

Upon updating Photoshop, I didn't realize that it would add an entirely new photoshop app to my computer (& different icon) instead of just "refurbishing" the 2019 app. So the solution that worked for me was to open up the 2020 version from the adobe creative cloud and

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys - I just noticed Creative Cloud came out with a Photoshop update this afternoon (PST). I downloaded it and the issue is solved for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh I have tried all the pieces above and I am still not able to get mine to export .gifs.... Any other things I should try? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OR Big Sur

Thank you, this sort-of worked for me, in the list all applications were unchecked but I added photoshop and unchecked it and saved.

This particular error went away but now I have another, following the save: "some names of the files being saved contain non-latin characters".

Just to be sure, I named the file "John" but still the error.

😡

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I meant to reply to Silk-m, and my OS is Big sur - photoshop 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I tried differents procedures that I read right here but I didn't figure it out.

Someone have updates about this or have found a definitive solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even Stephen's reply when he said the below? Does that no help either?

"Upon updating Photoshop, I didn't realize that it would add an entirely new photoshop app to my computer (& different icon) instead of just "refurbishing" the 2019 app. So the solution that worked for me was to open up the 2020 version from the adobe creative cloud and boom, I can now export / save for web as normal!"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I saw this Dtrim, thanks. But for me doesn't work, I don't know why.

Still to popping up error when I try to export with "save for web".

I am really frustrated. I am thinking to downgrade Catalina 10.15.2 to native Os of my Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey have you made sure you have Full Disk Access enabled for PS 2020 under Security in System Preferances? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've had the same problem with the save for web feature on bith Photoshop cloud and an old Elements version I keep. I'm sure it's either an Adobe update or an OS update.   
I did get round it by just using Save As and selecting jpeg medium - not as small a file as i want but it gets me by until Apple or Adobe get their act together.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, what version of Photoshop are you using? And which operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export has a lot of problems and missing features. I use SFW in production product photography) because Export is useless for me. Maybe when Adobe adds feature parity then I can consider it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me: turning on "Timeline" under "Window" and thereafter Save for Web.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, guys! Another work around would be to press preview in the save for web(legacy) pop up and save the image from the browser. Hope it helps! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!  Thank you! This workaround did work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! That worked. I had to click on the 2020 version in my applications. I was still using the 2019 version thinking that one was updating each time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This was frustrating for a quick minute. Problem solved. Appreciated much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me! thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem after updating my macbook to macOS Catalina. I downloaded Photoshop 2020, which strangely is not an update to my current Photoshop but a completely new application, Save for Web finally works. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I just got this error today and *needed* to find a solution as it was already messing up my work flow. Decided to uninstall the latest version I had (21.1.1) and install Photoshop (21.0.3) it went away. You might be able to install to (21.1) not sure, figured it was best to jump back two updates. Hope this works for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those who have the problem with the window error when try to save for the web in the photoshop, can be the ram.Yes, I had 8gb and this problem it happened to me too. Then I upgrade to 16gb, and boom, now is working.

Regards,

Nuno

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GUYYYYYYYYYS I HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION!!!!! I have tried everything and nothing worked BUT THEN I discovered that  if your layers are converted to Smart Object THEN YOU MUST CONVERT THEM BACK TO LAYERS AND it will export your GIF AYYYYYYYY~~~~ Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 9.33.44 PM.png 

I hope this helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer! That solved my problem too, but I'd never have guessed that either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, worled for me. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same issue. I deleted and re-downloaded the app. Aproved photoshop in the privacy settings. Restarted my computer and still can't save for web. As a recurring issue for many users that pay a membership for adobe creative cloud this must be fixed immediately!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines