• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020 crashes when opening or importing a JPEG

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Windows 10, and I have just started getting a crash using Photoshop CC 2020 where I can't open any JPEG files, nor can I import them without a hard crash. I just updated my NVIDIA Driver to the latest Studio version (451.77) but this did not solve the problem. I also reinstalled CC 2019 just to see if it would work and it also crashed opening JPEG files. Does anyone have any suggestions that might solve this problem? I have reloaded preferences and that doesn't work either. Very frustrating and a time-sensitive issue.

Additionally, after reading through some old posts, I went in to see what would happen if I tried adjusting my Camera Raw Preferences. When I clicked on the Camera Raw Pref button, instant crash with no crash dialogue.

This sounds like a problem that has been around in some form for years.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same issue. What solved it for me was to remove the Camera Raw plugin and then use the standalone installer to reinstall it.

1). Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC\File Formats and remove Camera Raw.8bi from the folder.

2). Download and install Camera Raw as instructed from: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

After taking these steps, I can open JPEGs easily and access Camera Raw Preferences from the menu via Edit > Preferences > Camera Raw ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding. I removed the Camera Raw plugin and am now able to open the JPEG and TIFF files without any problems. However, when I reinstalled the plugin using the direct download, the JPEG crash returned. So for now, I am just not using the Camera Raw plugin. So the issue is somehow related to my NVIDIA driver (tried many, all gave me the crash) and the Camera Raw plugin. When I disabled the video driver, I was also able to open the JPEG files, but this is obviously an untenable solution. Adobe, get your stuff fixed, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there. Im having the same issue as you and removing the camera raw plugin solved right away. But when i downloaded again, the problem comes back. Did u manage to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same issue. What solved it for me was to remove the Camera Raw plugin and then use the standalone installer to reinstall it.

1). Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC\File Formats and remove Camera Raw.8bi from the folder.

2). Download and install Camera Raw as instructed from: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/mostbet-star.com/uz/ 

After taking these steps, I can open JPEGs easily and access Camera Raw Preferences from the menu via Edit > Preferences > Camera Raw ...

By @JCParrish

Hi there! I have a similar problem, but it's more complicated, because the Camera Raw plugin is not installed on my laptop at all, and the crash is still present. What else could be the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Thank you! Thank youuuuuuu!!! Finally I can use Photoshop again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can go into Camera Raw preferences from Bridge or Photoshop, you don't have to open ACR. Disable the GPU from there. That might be a workable solution for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines