• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020 crashing...alot!

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded yesterday and as long as I do simple tasks like changing a file size I'm good. As soon as I start to get complicated, ie: changing the color in a duotone or adding an effect to a layer, it crashes. I can't get my work done!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be dealing with Smart Objects. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crashing constantly I have lost so much work today - can't press save enough and the new Photoshop is so slooooooooow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your computer specs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which ones would you need - sorry I'm not a big techy

it says macOS Mojave version 10.14.6

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)

Processor 

3.5 GHz Intel Core i7

Does that help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much RAM do you have and HD free space?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how much RAM I have or how to figure it out. I have 325GB space left

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the Apple Menu/About this Mac - It will tell you how much Memory you have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you : 

16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

This is intolerable it has cost me so much time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you run all Photoshop updates? What is the current version of Photoshop you are running?

Try go to Photoshop/Preferences/Performance and turning on Legacy Compositing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leagcy compositioning doesn't work. There is now another update available so I'll try hopefully that fixes the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working just trying to transform and it crashes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try going into Performance Prefs and turning off Use Graphics Processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing regular crashing also. Doing my head in, thinking about possibly moving to a different application. Each update seems to have a new bunch of bugs.

Latest crash was simply opening a new file (with two currently open). One file was 43MB and the other tow less than 2MB. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! This is still happening and it's frustrating. Almost every few times I use a complex brush or a file with a few styles I get the wheel of death. This is not acceptable. I keep loosing work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still happening. When it does it, it doesn't keep the tool presets, brushes or anything new I add. It only keeps them if I close Photoshop after installing them. This is unacceptable. It's extremely frustrating to be working on professional software for it to STILL be doing this. Also when I use my XP-Pen it makes it worse, it crashes more often when I use it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, Photoshop 2020 keeps crashing on Catalina 10.15.3

And not only crashing, it completely tears the whole Mac apart, only thing to do then is force shutdown... 😕
Even when there is nothing special, just using the lasso tool, suddenly spinning beach ball and that's it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is crashing as soon as I try to use the text tool. Brand new Photoshop, brand new Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Every time I update Photoshop anymore my workflow grinds to a complete halt. THIS TIME it is because every time I select the text tool, Photoshop instantly crashes.

Software companies just don't care anymore.

Update: I re-installed Photoshop 2019 (20.0.8) and the type tool works just fine. So it’s Adobe’s fault. This the 3rd game-breaking bug I have found trying to use Photoshop 2020 so far in the last 2 days. It's a total piece of trash. I’ll stick with the last stable version until they get their act together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actaully just got this fixed.

For problems with the text tool, try this:

1. Choose Applications > Font Book.
  2. Choose All Fonts in the Collection column.
  3. Choose File > Validate Font.
  4. Delete the damaged or duplicate font.

That might fix the problem and perhaps some other font-related problems as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same exact problem! I did the whole validate font thing and that didn't work either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the same problem for weeks now. Calls to Adobe produced 0 results. If I didn't use it so much I would cancel it due to lack of support and issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's becoming painful. Mine freezes at startup splash screen, shuts itself down in the middle of work, and freezes other apps such as Dreamweaver and randomly crashes for no reason at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downgraded to PS 2019 and the app is staying on past opening projects, so....win I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have to switch between 2019 and 2020 because things are completely broken in 2020 that work in 2019, and things are severely broken in the 2019 version I have that work properly in 2020.

Modern software is complete garbage because the term "MVP" went from meaning "Most Valuable Player" to "Minimum Viable Product."

This is what you end up with when you stack your team with league minimum salaried players who don't care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've learned if I change from the crop tool to any other tool when I resize it doesn't crash as often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines