• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020 crashing...alot!

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded yesterday and as long as I do simple tasks like changing a file size I'm good. As soon as I start to get complicated, ie: changing the color in a duotone or adding an effect to a layer, it crashes. I can't get my work done!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, on which version? are you running Ps 21.1.3 released this week? which troubleshooting steps did you take so far?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same problem..
every time i do a complicated work it just keep crashing 
i just don't know what to do now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, same question: are you on 21.1.3? do you have crashes in other applications?

Did you get a crash log? did you submit it toe https://feedback.photoshop.com site, watched by Adobe staff. Make sure to provide as many relevant details as possible, the steps that make it crash, etc.

Do give also details about your setup, your OS, please post the contents of help>system info, so that we get to know your OS, its version, the exact version of Photoshop you are running, the date of the GPU driver, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is absolutely unacceptable. I cannot get any work done. It literally crashes every 3 to 4 minutes. Adobe, what do we do????? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have 2019 macbook pro 2.3 GHz 8-core I9 16GB DDR4 w/ AMD 5500m graphics 4 GB

I get spinny wheel of death just from using Marquee tool,effect layers, Gaident, still waiting on fix. I would like to go to a stable version like 2019, but Adobe cloud wont let me use Photoshop until I update. not sure what to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue ever since the latest update. When doing replace color or anything with a preview option it freezes. I am able to get around by unchecking the preview box, but that less than ideal for obvious reasons. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will use Photoshop 2019 until adobe fixes this problem. It's not worth my time to get rid of preferences. I never throw an old Photoshop away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you get the 2019 version back? I had a tech guy come in to fix photoshop CC 2020 on my computer...started to flow faster and it was great until I opened another file and then it crashed my computer and now it's back to being slow! So frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Louise,

The current version (2020) and the most recent version (2019) are both available for download in the Creative Cloud app.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the Photoshop 21.1.3 version on a MacPro with macOS Catalina 10.15.2. It keeps crashing every 3 to 5 minutes when I am working on a big, complicated file with tens of layers. I recall that it has been happening with a recent version. Extremely annoying problem that is messing with my productivity. Please Adobe, fix this and quick!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had to downgrade to photoshop 2019 using Mac OS catalina 10.15.5 and now working. Thought i was having serious hardware issues but turns out this was the fix for now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happening to me too, dowloaded the newest 2020 photoshop today and it just keeps crashing when i'm using it. Using the select tool and its like it cant handle it and just crashes. Now in the very same day i've switched back to 2019 PS so i can actually do some work... please get it sorted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least you can do something - I can't even import my images into the manager - damn thing crashes everytime. My only alternative is to import the 1500 event folders individually!!!!!!!!!!! total waste of time and money. I'm sure its somehow my fault though, that's adobe's usual reply. After all, who could possibly expect their $100 program to do something that windows or mac computers can do for free, like make an image catalog that works? I bought this program for my wife who has no interest in learning more advanced photo editing software (you know, stuff that works, like Affinity Photo). I should have just spared myself the aggravation and half the money and bought her a training course on a working piece of software......Oh and before Adobe tells me to get a more powerful computer, I'm unsuccessfully running it on a AMD Ryzen 5 3600 with 32 GB Ram, 512 GB SSD (primary drive), 2 TB Seagate Barracuda (storage) with a Nvidia GTX 1660 Super.................total garbage and no response from adobe........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2020 constantly crashes. I have to take extra steps and saving layered PSDs, so I don't lose my work, before flattneing it to a JPEG. This is seriously unacceptable. The program literally crashes 20 times a day. If deleting the preferences isn't working for anyone, then I'm not going to even bother. Adobe programmers need to create a patch STAT and stop wasting all of their customers' precious time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU did or didn't delete preferences? Forget about 'everyone else'.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't do anything at all, yes I have deleted and reinstalled the app and deleted preferences, this thing worked fine before I decided on the morally right thing to do and pay for it.  hmmmmm..... Life!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just purchased a subscription and can't even open PS2020 it just freezes and says not responding so I am unable to use it.

Is it worth trashing the preferences if I've never opened a file in it, can't get that far.

OS X 10.15

I've had to go back to Affinity for my work today PS Is unusable 🤬

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you should try deleting the Preferences. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crashing gets worse and worse. First it was after working in my file for awhile, and crashed when I tried to do a complext action. I have done the preferences suggestion and now can't even get to step #2 in the simplest file. No other apps open. Hard reboot. No external drives. How can I go back to last version of Photoshop? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just adding my 2c. Previous 'upgrade' (2019?) didn't see my graphics card, an obscure little mom n pop company called Nivida, so I guess the braintrust @ adobe can be forgiven for that eh? Now I try 2020, and it's a crash happy joke. Win 10, 64 bit. Tried deleting prefs and the other 'solutions', seems to be as grotty on Win as on a Mac, so at least Adobe is consistent if nothing else.

Back to CC 2018 then. but Kudos on adding all the AI whizbangs and squibs, shame the geniuses forgot that in order to use the new toys it's necessary for the app to NOT CRASH.

Why are we paying money for these clowns?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting these crashes too on 2021, so I downgraded.

This OVERBLOATED MESS OF AN APPLICATION.

Adobe thinks more features = better. 

This the same reason they COMPLETELY LOST the web design space, and all it takes is another design app to take on Photoshop and they'll be over as well. Right now, its full of garbage features nobody cares about, but the basic featurese kept tanking.

KISS to Adobe: (Keep is simple stupid)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I when I launch it crashes within a second. Premiere Elements does exact same. I have uninstalled the program several times. This program so far has been a complete waste of money. I am very disappointed I purched it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was forced to go back to Photoshop 2018 because 2020 freezes up constantly. How can a company like Adobe after all these years put out such crap?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using the 2020 version for awhile as it seems that they have fixed SOME of the bugs and issues.

I STILL have to keep the 2019 version, AND the 2021 version installed along with the 2020 version. It's absolutely ridiculous.

The 2021 version is a completely un-usable pile of garbage. You can't even so much as DRAG A GUIDE FROM THE RULER into the artboard without the guide taking 20 seconds to follow your cursor. No other version of photoshop does that when I launch it. I've tried EVERYTHING people suggest to speed up the newest version and it's complete GARBAGE.

You cannot perform the most basic functions in the newest version of Photoshop regardless of how new or old your machine is (I have a variety of machines to use).

The 2020 version seems relatively stable and I use the 2019 version less and less over time — but it's the ONLY software program I use that I must keep the last THREE versions installed because the 2 newest versions are such trash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm absolutely shocked Adobe hasn't provided any patches or updates to Adoble Photoshop 2020 to fix this. I maxed out my computer with upgrades, hoping that would fix the problem on my end, but no, it's the software. Photoshop 2020 crashes constantly when I'm trying to just make simply adjustments to Brightness/Contrast usually, sometimes Levels. I'll just be shifting Brightness or Contrast and the Adoble Photoshop 2020 freezes and I have to Force Quit, losing all the work that I did. To make up for Photoshop's ineffenciency, my only work around I can come up with is to create additional files and to save constantly. Instead of just making some quick edits to a JPEG, I have to create a PSD with layers and save everytime I made an additional edits. And then I have to flatten the PSD and saved as a JPEG. And then go and delete the PSD. Why do Adobe Photoshop 2020 programmers make millions of users go through this much trouble to edit a simple JPEG, losing time and work when all of this could be fixed at the source, so we're not forced to use an inferior product?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines