• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020 not showing templates after updating from version 2019

Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded to photoshop 2020 now when I select create new all of the sample templates from adobe stock are gone - the only thing that shows up under the individual headers are just the regular presets but no templates like photoshop cc 2019 - how to I get the templates to show up again - thanks!   🙂

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

You can see templates in the Photoshop 2020 interface before you create a new document. You’ll find them in the Libraries panel; choose Window > Libraries at any time, including when no documents are open. In the Libraries panel, you can search for "Photoshop" and filter by "Templates" as shown below on the right.

Templates-Photoshop-new-2019-vs-2020.jpg

In that comparison of Photoshop CC 2019 vs Photoshop 2020, note the following:

• In both versions you can preview and select a template with no documents open.
  • Photoshop CC 2019 ca

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That does not sound good, could you please let us know the exact version of Photoshop you're working on? You can check that by going to Help > System Info

If you haven't updated to 21.0.1 yet, would you mind installing the most recent update from the Creative Cloud Desktop app and let us know how it goes?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on version 21.0.1 that I updated a few days ago - when I go to File-New-just the regular presets show up and not all the options for the stock templates that I used to have in Photoshop cc 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope Adobe did that by design.   They should not be in a new document panel IMO do not belong in a new document panel. Perhaps they should only be in your Photoshop Adobe Libraries or in a location that houses templates you use.  They are more specialized then presets for new empty documents that you can change canvas size resolution many other  document attributes in the new document panel.  New documents do not contain layer with populated data. Template are more fixed documents  that are repopulated not the new empty documents. There is also no standard template design template designs vary  as is the way templates are use and populated. Clearly they do not belong in a new document panel.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, has anyone found a solution to the template conundrum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved: Nevermind - just went to the adobe website then templates and there are all the photoshop templates. Thanks to those who helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see where this is solved in the thread. How do I resolve this same issue? Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how is this a solution to the problem of the photoshop interface not showing the templates?

anyone can go to the website and open them as templates. that does not solve the problem that the 'file / create new' does not show them!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can see templates in the Photoshop 2020 interface before you create a new document. You’ll find them in the Libraries panel; choose Window > Libraries at any time, including when no documents are open. In the Libraries panel, you can search for "Photoshop" and filter by "Templates" as shown below on the right.

Templates-Photoshop-new-2019-vs-2020.jpg

In that comparison of Photoshop CC 2019 vs Photoshop 2020, note the following:

• In both versions you can preview and select a template with no documents open.
  • Photoshop CC 2019 can show only 15 templates; if you want to see more, you do the search at the bottom but it kicks you out to the Adobe Stock web site. The Libraries panel can show many more templates at once, in Photoshop 2020 itself, without making you go to the web site.
  • Photoshop CC 2019 limits you to three columns across. Photoshop 2020 will show as many columns as the width of your display will allow.
  • As to why the change was made, many users complained that the File > New dialog box was very very slow to open in Photoshop CC 2019. The New Document dialog box is much faster in Photoshop 2020; I’m not sure if this is the official reason but it’s possible that because the New Document dialog box no longer has to load templates from the Internet, it can now display as fast as it used to before it was redesigned.

So in some ways, the way it’s done now is actually better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with Photoshop 2021. I have followed your instructions but I can't find any templates. Are they still there in Photoshop 2021? How do I access them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@gracem43143423 wrote:

I have the same problem with Photoshop 2021. I have followed your instructions but I can't find any templates. Are they still there in Photoshop 2021? How do I access them?

In Photoshop 2021 as demonstrated below (and also in Photoshop 2022), templates might not be visible in the New Document dialog box if the top is set to Recent or Saved. But if you click any of the media types such as Photo, Print, etc. then the Templates section appears at the bottom of the New Document dialog box, and then you can select one.

Photoshop-2021-templates.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This does not work

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so very much!   :))))))))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found out what the problem was: for some reason if you go to PREFERENCES >> GENERAL, you have to untick 'Use legacy "New Document" interface' and it works for me now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines