• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop [2021] crashes after I try to open a file

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I was updated to Photoshop CC 2021, I can't open anything in photoshop. If I open a file as open with from file explorer it crashes, if I open Photoshop I get and go to open and select a file it crashes. Disabling GPU seems to fix the issue as I can open files, but you know disabling your GPU gives you another set of issues with windows itself.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Yes, it's a known issue with Photoshop after the 22.0 update. Could please update the Graphics drivers from the manufacturer's website and then, turn on the GPU from Photoshop preferences.

Let us know, how it goes.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Updating drivers didn't work for me, but turning off GPU in Photoshop's preferences seems to solve the issue. Turning GPU back on results in a crash next time I open Photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a complete reinstall (NVIDIA Quadro M1000M), clean settings, no joy.

Disabled GFX in PS, no joy.

FIX THIS NOW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is a result of the 'update' having requirements that my GFX card (Quadro M1000M) can't meet, while simultaneously REMOVING VERSION 20 AS A DOWNLOAD OPTION NOW) then kudos, you guys have killed my $4500 wacom mobile studio pro.

Well done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2022 Jun 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Having the same issue for a week now, I cannot get any work done. Tried disabling the GPU but that didnt work and updated. What gives? Very fustrated!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines