Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Photoshop 2021 crashes when trying to resize images

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop crashes when trying to resize images. When I reopen, there is no pop up box to report the crash. I've completed the steps below as directed on your website, but nothing has changed.

This problem has gone on for at least a month. My IT department has checked my computers, updated all drivers, etc. and cannot identify a problem on our end.

Please advise.

Again, I have completed the steps below, and this does not fix the problem so that I can submit a crash report.

1. Enter the following command:
    • REG ADD HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\CommonFiles\CRLog /v "Never Ask" /t REG_SZ /d 0
  2. Press the Enter key
  3. If asked “Value Never Ask exists, overwrite(Yes/No)?" choose Yes
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021
Just to confirm, Photoshop crashes, not the entire system? Try these two steps: 1. Go to Preferences > Performance and click on the "Advanced Settings" button. Uncheck Use OpenCL, restart Photoshop and try your steps to see if the problem persists. 2. Go to Preferences > Performance... and uncheck Use Graphics Processor. Restart Photoshop. Does the problem persist?

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to confirm, Photoshop crashes, not the entire system?

Try these two steps:

1. Go to Preferences > Performance and click on the "Advanced Settings" button. Uncheck Use OpenCL, restart Photoshop and try your steps to see if the problem persists.

2. Go to Preferences > Performance... and uncheck Use Graphics Processor. Restart Photoshop. Does the problem persist?

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Photoshop crashes, not the system.

Thank you, this seems to have worked. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent. Which step above finally fixed it?

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The first step fixed it. If it happens again, I'll try step 2.

Thanks again.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines