• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2021 is very disappointing - Performance issues using the app on macOS

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS 2021 has problesms. First of all it is slow in so many ways. Perfoming almost any kind of action, whether opening a filter or using the Save As command involves a small wait. It seems that you also spend a great deal of time watching the gray screen of not-yet-redrawn images whenever you've made the tiniest change. The Save command is incredibly slow. I Quit the program and started up PS 2020 and all the slowness issues I have just described disappeared, leading me to believe that the issue is Photoshop 2021 and not my system. Today was the first time I've used the newest version of this astounding program, and I ws using it in the fast production method that is normal to my workfow. Having a batch of images open, I was forced to wait for EVERYTHING! I think I'll wait for several more updates until I resume trying to work with this bloated monster of a program. All of the hype, all of the amazing new features aren't worth anything until the program can begin to function in a reasonably quick manner! I am very disappointed with this version of Photoshop!

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trashing prefs does nothing. It runs just as slow afterwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I agree with your comments and those of the others here as I'm familiar with all of these new and painful "features". PS is slow and sluggish ++. The "optimization" recommended below does nothing to fix the problem, nothing I can tell at least. Perhaps Adobe is optimizing the app to work best on the new M1 Macs? I don't have one so I'm just guessing. My 2020 3.6 GHz 10-Core Intel Core i9 iMac with 72GB of RAM, when running PS (and only that app), works like a 10 year older iMac with 8GB RAM. Ridiculous. Thank you for your post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe desperately needs to apologize strenuously and believably - not for "issues", not for "feeling that way". They need to apologize for deliberately making their software into predatory garbage.

Their recommendations are insulting and every "update" increases instability and introduces new problems. They've become increasingly hostile toward their users and erased the value that 20th century Adobe presented. They've become a bloated in-app purchase mill. A crappy game.

The only solution remaining to the mountain of obstacles Adobe has put in the way of getting a job done is to convince the bosses that other products are now necessary. I'd rather be tinkering with Linux than waiting on yet another "update and restart" suggestion. 

The company's behavior is indefensible and this product is untenable for any purpose, creative or professional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @defaultzrv3xkmllkpb 

Instead of telling volunteers who are users just like you what the Adobe developers need to do, you might want to tell them here:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/

If you have an issue with Photoshop, we might be able to help with that. I looked at your posts to see if there was something we had not addressed, but this is your only one.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator 2021 is also getting worse and worse with each update. 

And, whomever said that we should be thankful that the sofeware is cheaper now is missing the point, the sofware should work!  And, I'd rather purchase it like I did in 1996 rather than "subscribe."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaultcy351px9kil9 wrote:

Illustrator 2021 is also getting worse and worse with each update. 

"Worse and worse" is vague. If you are having specific issues, please post to the Illustrator forum:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/ct-p/ct-illustrator

If you need to report a bug in Illustrator, do so here:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/

For best support, start a new post for each issue.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So true. I'm running Photoshop 2021 on a brand new M-1 2021 imac ( the only program open is photoshop ) and it's lagging like crazy. [profanity removed by moderator] What garbage is this Adobe? I go to adjust the " vibrance " button and there is a 2-3 second lag. Horrible program. If there was an alternate I could switch to I would.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this always been the case, or something that just started up? It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today is the day when I've finally had enough of photoshop freezing and becoming unresponsive after opening just two small jpeg files. Yes, I've reinstalled and cleared preferences, none of this works and you know it, those are just generic recommendations so you seem like you know what you're doing, but at this point I'm 100% certain that the Adobe dev and support teams are utterly clueless and Adobe will soon be out of business. Well my business at the very least as I'm cancelling my full subscription permanently and migrating to Affinity - which I haven't even opened yet and I don't care, I'm just never using photoshop again, life is too short to keep trying to make something work that most likely won't, it's been over one year of frustration, I'm done.

Goodbye.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe Bridge and Photoshop are appalling. Crashing, waiting and repeating. I started at least an hour ago and have still not managed to do any work. Crashed again now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe updating cc. We've got to 2% in an hour!! I have work to do Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines