Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Photoshop 2021 Menu Bar missing

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot not see the menu bar at the top of my Photoshop 2021 screen.  If I hover over an area the drop down options appear but the actual Menu title options are not showing e.g. File, Edit, Layers etc.  Could someone please let me know how I can get these back as it is a bit annoying and frustrating.  Thank you.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021
If you're using MacOS, the Photoshop menu bar isn't displayed within the Photoshop window - instead, the MacOS puts the menu bar at the top of the entire screen, above the Photoshop window. Try looking there instead.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that the menu bar in Photoshop 2021 is not showing up. 

It seems you are either working on Full screen mode or Sreen mode without the menu bar. Press "F" on your keyboard to quickly cycle through all the screen modes and see if that works. See: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/viewing-images.html#change_the_screen_mode 

If not, please checkout the suggestions below:

Suggestion #1
Try resetting the Photoshop preferences.
https://helpx.adobe.com/au/photoshop/using/preferences.html
Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.

Suggestion #2
I think you are referring to a missing Menu bar but could it be the Options bar that you are missing (Window > Options)

Let us know how it goes,

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MENU IS GONE.   I've right-clicked, left clicked, pressed F, pressed and held Alt+CMD+Shift to start photogrop and deleted current settings, I've uninstalled and reinstalled, unplugged my monitor, restarted system ... I can't get the menu.  No window, no settings ... nothing.    Help!  

Thank you! 

Denise

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW Photoshop 2021 

Denise

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-07-11 at 3.24.15 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having the same issue after a recent update..

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem too . And can not resolve .plz help me 

I cannot not see the menu bar at the top of my Photoshop 2021 screen. If I hover over an area the drop down options appear but the actual Menu title options are not showing e.g. File, Edit, Layers etc. Could someone please let me know how I can get these back as it is a bit annoying and frustrating. Thank you.

My ram is 6 gigabite and windos in 10 

64 bit

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

WTF?!?! I have the same problem.  There I was racing to beat the deadline on a calendar I was creating for a client when the MENU BAR under the Tool Bar at the top of the screen suddenly disappeared and I can't seem to get it back. Can someone in plain and simple terms for a newbie like myself PLEASE tell me how I can restore it so I can finish my work? I am operating on W10 64 bit with 5 gig of Ram. This is immenely frustrating!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@elizabethh30480441 Can you let us know what you have tried so far to fix the issue? Please give us your operating system information and the exact version of Photoshop you are running. Have you tried reinstalling? Resetting your preferences? Closing everything and restarting your computer? Most people have been successful with one of these methods.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're using MacOS, the Photoshop menu bar isn't displayed within the Photoshop window - instead, the MacOS puts the menu bar at the top of the entire screen, above the Photoshop window. Try looking there instead.

Photoshop-Menu-MacOS.gif

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My top bar (shown by Anne5CE3 above) was missing, and that was what was causing my Photoshop menu to be missing as well. I restored the top bar on my Mac by going to Settings > Dock & Menu bar and changing my settings like the picture below. That fixed it!Screen Shot 2021-09-02 at 10.32.23 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines