• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2022 crashes

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop crashes all the time! Especially when I go to use the paint bucket tool

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

I just figured a fix.

In my case I bought a switch last week with the goal of switching from my new work pc to my personal one.

My two external monitors then, go through this starttech docking station. (The issue with adobe apps it is in my personal laptop.)

After days, I checked my display adapters shown, that are 3 now, being one of them the docking station.

I decided to right click and disable my original adapter (In my case AMD Radeon (TM) R5 M335).
Guess that was the conflict! It is working now!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

It looks like most of the crash reports on this thread were fixed in the 23.0.1 update. If you've haven't updated to 23.0.1, please do. If you're still crashing using 23.0.1, please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 115 Replies 115
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another user reported that recreating the preferences manually cured this problem: 
See: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually
This way, you keep a copy of the preferences in case the team needs it.

Did other users select to upgrade while keeping preferences?

Does recreating them cure the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This actually worked for a while but I loose my preferences....

I got it to run but the moment I go into the program and start redoing my settings it crashes again. 

I think they need to update it some more to make it stable. It's just not working. 

I have been using my iPad version to try to catch up on work but it's not feature heavy so....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. I've tried several methods. 2022 is just a dog. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine to while adding a brush stroke to a path on layer... It freezes then everything is wonky, I have to restart. I just updated recently apparently. Also, and I know 3d is not supported but when creating normals/bmp map, same thing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DigitalDistress Go to Preferences > Performance... and uncheck Use Graphics Processor. Restart Photoshop. Does the problem persist?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. It doesn't help at all.  I've tried that on every single version of 23. It's an update that has so trashed Photoshop, unless you go back to version 22, your program is toast. I've gone through every single previous version using several troubleshooting methods you recommended. Guess it's Photoshop 2021 from now on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like most of the crash reports on this thread were fixed in the 23.0.1 update. If you've haven't updated to 23.0.1, please do. If you're still crashing using 23.0.1, please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeffrey,

I've been submitting crash reports since last week. Ever since I updated to Photoshop 23.0.1, much of what I do results in a crash. I can't pinpoint what it is, because it seems random.

Prior to the update last week after updating to Photoshop 23, it was mostly crashing when I had touch sceen on. I noticed many people had a similar issue so I turned it off.

Now that I have the 23.0.1 update, I'm still not using touch and it's still crashing and it's getting a little ridiculous. My processor is a AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor 3.70 GHz, with a Nvidia Quadro P4 graphics card, so I don't think it's my machine that is causing this. It was fine before. Last year, it never crashed once. Now, it's literally every, single, time. 

After a certain number of crashes and losing work, I hope we can get a prorated refund for what we are paying. I don't see any solution other than admin asking if we have submitted crash report. It sounds like that's what everyone is doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearly this was not the case! I would like a refund since I spent 4 hours with Adobe!

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forget it, it busted my filter forge and I use that almost daily.  How do I revert back to 2021.  To much problems with 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately PS 23.0.1
is crashing right now in 80 % of tries with select tools.
( select tool on relatively small images ) 

Graphic procesor turned off / plug ins off . 
( as suggested when crash reporting ) 
nothing helps 

( i have installed also PS 2020 that works smoothly as butter  )  
OSX 11.6, 

Radeon Pro 580 8 GB
64GB ram 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI - my crashes  ( on mac ) were resolved with .02 update. Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like most of the crash reports on this thread were fixed in the 23.0.1 update.

This has been true in my case so far.  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it worked for you. Still crashes for me unless I scrap my settings. After a while it starts crashing again which is not good...

Hopefully they can make a more stable update 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Damascence Are you on mac or windows? I'm not seeing any submitted crash reports from you in our system. If you haven't done so already, please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeffrey,

How do I submit a crash report if the Adobe Crash Reporter dialog does NOT appear?

I added/updated the registry key shown in the link you've provided (I'm a Windows user).

I was able to reproduce the error every time, but PS doesn't crash, it goes unresponsive.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

After a lot of troubleshooting and installing PS on another computer, this is what worked for me:

1. Uninstall Photoshop completely.
  2. Manually remove ALL your plugins, extensions, preferences, temp files, etc; from these folders (Windows users):
    • C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\extensions
    • C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ [Any folder/file related to Photoshop]
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\extensions
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ [Any folder/file related to Photoshop]
    • C:\Users\-**YourUsername**-\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CEP
    • C:\Users\-**YourUsername**-\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\ [Any folder/file related to Photoshop]
  3. Install Photoshop's latest version.
  4. Install all your plugins & extensions again.
  5. Manually create/adjust your workspace, preferences, etc.

The freeze issue stopped for me and everything is running good now.

I had multiple (>20) "in-place" upgrades and I suspect this was the problem.

A clean reinstallation was the fix.

Hope this helps someone...

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bummer. This did not work for me. But 22.5.4 works like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi every body,

Using an OSX platform I found a solution in order to resolve crashes with PS2022 when opening it. Adobe suggested solution is creating and using a new profile. What a strange idea losing all information and setting in my Mac... Nevertheless coming from this idea, I decided to cancel all information in my libraries including PS2022, PS 2021and installing after PS2022.

Great solution currrently PS2022 runs fine with no crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: As mentioned by myself previously, and many others, the 2022 version was incredibly unstable/unusable. I saw one post mention the multiple monitor setup, and it got me thinking...I am on a late 2019 MacBook Pro and use the CalDigit powered dock to run my dual-monitors and all my USB devices. I unplugged from the CalDigit and did a complete removal (preferences removed as well) of the 2022 version of PS...I then manually went into the app folder and deleted any remaining folders (including any plugin folders that for whatever reason still remained). I rebooted the MacBook and then did a reinstall of PS2022 without being plugged in to my CalDigit...I then launched PS2022 on the main MacBook screen and it worked...used it briefly on a few images, shutdown the app, relaunced a few more times, etc...once I was convinced it wasn't going to crash again, I reconnected to the CalDigit and launched again on my dual-monitor setup (not using the laptop screen itself, so not 3 screens)...and so far, after almost a week...its remained working as it should. It is build number 23.0.1 just for reference. I would also mention that I had reinstalled PS2021, (concurrently with the PS2022), and it was running fine. I have since removed that version and am only running PS2022 now. 

Since I am not a developer, nor do I know how to read any of the build code for either Mac or Windows, I'm only surmising that one possible cause of the crashes, in some instances, may be a multiple-monitor configuring and some weird issue with PS2022's code base. Just a guess on my part. (I was once a graphics engineering analyst at Dell in a previous life and I saw many issues with apps/programs that didn't play nice with more than one monitor.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@steelecowboy Is this one of those docks that has a GPU in it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, and I should have mentioned that...it's simply a powered dock with HDMI/USB and various inputs/outputs...image attached from the vendor.

TS3-Plus-12A.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just came here to see if I was the only one. Apparently not..... 

If I enable the "product improvement" option in the settings, does that take care of getting logs to the devs, or is that something I would need to do separately?

I closed up my shop after 24 years and moved on to telecom but I still dabble for fun. So I'm not in a production environment and am available for real world testing of any patches if necessary. 

I'm working on a laptop and two weeks ago I got fed up with the crashing and did an entire clean install.
This machine is running WIN10 21H2  19044.1381 with feature exp pack 120.2212.3920.0 on the Release Preview channel which is my most stable system and has been otherwise running just fine. 

Even after a clean reboot, no other apps running except stuff like OneDrivee in my tray, working with just two 8.5x11 flyers side by side, from the very beginning I notice that some of the images that are darker will have a white edge and scrolling in will make it go away. Over about 10-20 minutes it will get worse and where zooming in or out would get rid of it before, minimizing and maximizing will do it. It starts to grow sluggish and certain changes just don't take - like a graduated fill in a selection box just does nothing, clear ir out, redraw, fill again and it takes.... then eventually just hangs with whatever tool was open. It can be minimized. All else on the machine appears to work. On the most recent hang I just walked away for 4 hours and came back to it still being hung up. 
Knowing what I'm up against I'm going to make some adjustments to the memory and see what else I can do in the settings to make it crash faster or more slowly. Maybe that will help give a starting place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

today ive spent atelast 5 hrs of unloading and loading diffeernet v of photoshop. when I use the warp tool it crashes. Im lost and im losing time and work due to this problem. it literaylly just started yesterday. 11/23/221

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There has been a 23.0.2 update that lists some fixes for crashes on startup with a mac, and crashes with an Intel 12th Gen. Did it fix the problems for some of the users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines