• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2022 crashes

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop crashes all the time! Especially when I go to use the paint bucket tool

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

I just figured a fix.

In my case I bought a switch last week with the goal of switching from my new work pc to my personal one.

My two external monitors then, go through this starttech docking station. (The issue with adobe apps it is in my personal laptop.)

After days, I checked my display adapters shown, that are 3 now, being one of them the docking station.

I decided to right click and disable my original adapter (In my case AMD Radeon (TM) R5 M335).
Guess that was the conflict! It is working now!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

It looks like most of the crash reports on this thread were fixed in the 23.0.1 update. If you've haven't updated to 23.0.1, please do. If you're still crashing using 23.0.1, please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 115 Replies 115
Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally stopped this problem. I did what someone else here also did. I went to Edit > Preferences > General and unchecked the box that says "Preset synching." This works all the time now, but unfortunately my presets don't get saved in my Appdata directory on the c: drive in case Adobe crashes badly and has to be reinstalled. So, I have to remember to export things like Actions, Brushes, Styles, Patterns, etc into an external file somewhere because I have a ton of extras loaded in my Photoshop. The presets used to be saved with the syncing, but I don't use the  Cloud anyway. I also turned off the syncing in Adobe's Creative Cloud (top right of the screen). It's just too buggy. Wake up, Adobe. For the kind of $ we're paying, this should not be happening. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Nice tip.

Mark L.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're very welcome. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jeffreytanberry I would love to send a crash report for the Photoshop v23 version crashes but it simply hangs and does not pop-up a crash report.

I have one of the fastest dell machines, see image, and updated everything to the latest version, Windows, Adobe, drivers you name it. I also updated Dell firmware etc.

Whether I open an image, of any size, within Photoshop or drag an image from Bridge into PS it does not matter it hangs.

Turning on or off hardware acceleration made a difference in the past but somehow not anymore.

I revert to PS V 22 and everything works.

That said, if I open any Adobe program it automatically triggers Creative Cloud Desktop to wake up which immediately spikes Core sync to around 20%-25% and Windows Explorer to around 50%. Until the syncing has been done this, normally fast, machine drags it heels like you are walking in deep beach sand.

Adobe must find a better way to do this by throttling automatically instead of hogging CPU bandwidth.

I can get around it by changing properties in Taskmanager, but the throttling should happen automatically.

Currently I am using PS V22 until you guys have found a solution. 

I look forward to hearing about the solution soon!

Tks

Hans

Screenshot 2022-06-24 122516.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read higher in the thread. You have to shut off at multiple levels: startup, preferences on sync, and possibly browser extensions that trigger cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me still - sadly 23.4.1 still has not resolved my previously reported issue of my computer doing a full crash/reboot a few seconds after I have selected the object selection tool.  As I have said before this has happened with every 23.x.x version only when I select the object selection tool.  My W11 computer is fully stable with every other piece of software including LrC and all the Topaz suite.  I run the latest NVidia Studio Drivers on a NVidia 1080 Ti card.  There are no crash reports being submitted as the full computer crash/reboot does not give a chance to record any reports.  I will have to continue to use PS 22.5.8 whicvh is fully stable until you guys can work out the software bug causing this behaviour.  I know I am not alone as there are numerous other reports of my behaviour occurring with others who are all probably like me and sitting on v22 and waiting.  I believe it to be some sort of incompatibility between the NVidia drivers and code involved in the object selection routine.  I still find it curious that there is no such issue when selecting objects in the latest LR versions.  I have tried deselecting the Use GPU processor also with no change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see these posts are from 2021 but I am having issues using 23.4.1 on a mac.  When going to use the clone tool photoshop crashes.  CONSTANTLY.  I have tried doing it with smaller files, flat files, big files, multi layered files, all the same.  I'm currently trying to reinstall an earlier version based on some of the comments below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same! It's gotten to the point I cannot work or complete time sensitive projects. I am being forced to go with another product because the product has become completely unstable, inconsistent, and is not able to be used! What is going on lately with Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Random crashes started occuring all of a sudden with 23.4.1. Too frequent to be sustainable. Downgrading until further notice. Waste of money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you plan to try out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After 8 hours of Photoshop crashing and crashing and corrupting Windows as well I am now searching for alternative software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you plan to try out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Email me from my website, and I'll tell you what I recommend. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google breathtaking vintage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having constant crashing now on Mac and Win 10... it's to the point I either fix it this week or cancel the cloud subscription and try new solutions...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am at the point where I can't get anything done. Adobe overall is a dumpster fire of a company with its programs. Acrobat is a useless program that can't function in any Teams meeting without glitching. Trying to mark up a drawing in front of clients in a Teams meeting is embarassing. It constantly fails. I have given up on Acrobat for AutoCAD as that is a glitchy mess. 

Now I am on a four back version on PS because inexplicably, getting a photo to load in the lates PS in Windows 11 is impossible and saving confuses the computer to where it stalls and hangs.

The incompetence is breathtaking, their idiocy concerning Windows updates legendary, their support is a psychotic mess, and add that with Windows 11 updates that Adobe can't seem to get a grip on, it is now to the point that there should be a mass migration, kicking all Adobe products to the curb. I now use Bluebeam for all my meetings with clients to go over drawings and it is elegant and smooth and does practically everything. 

Technology was supposed to make work easier and let us be more creative. Instead, it has turned artists and creatives into IT techs that are constantly trying to figure out what the latest issue is and how to fix it or figure out the mystifyingly complex workarounds written by Adobe's cubicle drones. 

The bottom line is this company exists for shareholders. Not us.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines