• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2022 Crop Tool Glitch

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing to crop tool does not automatically show a crop box on image. when i try to draw one with cursor, the frame lines come and go. Have tried resetting all 'view' options.
Photoshop 23.1.0
Mac Big Sur 11.6
Intel Core i9
GraphicsRadeon Pro Vega 20 4 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

First, if you restore your preferences using this manual method does it work correctly?
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually
If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back.

If that doesn't work, go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and check "Disable Native Canvas" - then restart Photoshop. Does the problem still occur?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, if you restore your preferences using this manual method does it work correctly?
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually
If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back.

If that doesn't work, go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and check "Disable Native Canvas" - then restart Photoshop. Does the problem still occur?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I came here with the same problem after updating the recent build. Your solution solved the crop tool bug on my Windows machine as well. Thanks! Perhaps this should be disabled by default? I'm sure there will be LOTS of people having similar issues! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Jeffrey. this did the trick. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

I'm assuming now I can delete the folder I put aside for safe-keeping?

Happy holidays to you.

Peace

Jeff Kober

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't hurt it aside for safe keeping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines