• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Create new window not reflecting right dimensions from clipboard

Participant ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having an issue with photoshop where File > New > is not auto-inputting the clipboard size into the canvas size for the new document. This has worked on every version of photoshop until this point. I sadly ended up on version 23.3.2 (photoshop just updated itself in the last couple days I guess without me noticing, and I am pretty sure I had that auto update turned off since I reverted back to 22.2 a couple weeks ago, sigh)

Have you guys considered testing your product before launching updates? I reverted back to 22.2 because of all the bugs I was experiencing with the latest versions. Seems turning auto update off cant even save me. 

{Thread title modified by moderator}

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Hi everyone, 

The fix for this should be available to all now and will come from the Creative Cloud desktop app, and not through a Photoshop update. 

To update: 

• Visit the Creative Cloud Desktop app's "Updates" tab, and click Check for Updates. 
  • If that doesn't resolve it, try signing out of Creative Cloud desktop app, and signing back in.

If you performed this workaround, you may need to revert those workaround steps to receive the updated plugin. 

If updated successfully, you will se

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Just switched to Legacy "New Document" Interface and it works fine that way.

Edit > Preferences > General > check Use Legacy "New Document" Interface

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 310 Replies 310
310 Comments
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this works great! No preference change needed! Wish it was fixed, but I will take this for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2022 Aug 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

winner, winner, chicken dinner! 
ty 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2022 Aug 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 11.49.18.pngUpdated version Still have this BUG when Abode will fix it!!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 11

The problem occurs if i cut something from eg, a photoshop file or Windows Snip & Sketch with intention to paste into a new document.

I select the option 'Clipboard' so that the new document will be sized appropriately.

The new document opens at incorrect size.

The workaround is, when selecting type of new document, click on one of the custom sizes then click back on 'clipboard'.   The new document will then open to correct size.

Easy workaround, but clearly a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with Photoshop 23.4.2 on Mac/BigSur and Windows10.

After one of the latest Photoshop updates, something has changed... for the worse.

I work with tile textures and very often use Copy - New Document - Paste.

Now the new document does not take the measurements from the Clipboard, but keeps the measurements from the previous New document (see screenshot).

In order to get the right measurements I have to click one of the previous document icons and then the clipboard icon, the last one in the list.

I tried with Photoshop 22.5.6 on Mojave and it works well, the New document keeps the right size of the last copied Clipboard.

Another thing I don't understand well, but it is not an issue, is the dark blue guide. I call it that because until recently the guides were only light blue by default, but now the last one that is placed is dark blue and it stays that way until you "deselect" it by clicking on the rulers (or create a new guide), and so it turns light blue. As long as it remains dark, if you press the Delete key the guide is deleted (and in the Story I read "Cancella guide selezionate", Delete selected guides). 

I noticed this because I often use guides to define an image area to copy, cut or delete, but when I deleted it would disappear the dark guide instead of the selected frame. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This issue has already been reported and will be fixed in a future release

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-create-new-window-not-reflecting-right-dim...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This issue has already been reported and will be fixed in a future release

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-create-new-window-not-reflecting-right-dim...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to admit, I've used photoshop since version 2, and with the CC updates Adobe keeps on messing up workflows that have been in place for decades. Not really a big deal but completely stops you in your production workflow. when is this going to be addressed and fixed? I use both windows and mac and the windows screenshots are not saved on the desktop so this also takes more steps to actually create a new document that is the exact size of the screenshot. I cannot shake my head enough. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'com on Adobe - you're better than this aren't you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jmcbade We all know they're not 😛 

Ridiculous how many times us paying customers are used as beta testers. This stuff should be tested before being released. Same old, same old!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, it's not fixed with the recent 23.4.2 update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad for the people where using the Legacy New Document interface works. I've tried that. Unfortunately for some unknown yet anger-inspiring reason the "Clipboard" option is disabled/grayed-out in the dialog box on my computer systems both at work and at home. This on-going thing with not being able to start up a new document sized to clipboard contents is very very irritating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That works! But, I hope Adobe fix this soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When are you fixing this issue??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed in the just installed update 23.5.0

And also the strange "dark blue guide" disappeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue

When using the New Document panel to create a new document from the clipboard it no longer uses the width and height from the clipboard unless I click on another recent item and then back on clipboard again before clicking Create.

• Photoshop version: 23.5

Steps to reproduce:

1. Copy something to the clipboard, say 100px x 100px
  2. Create a new document using File -> New
  3. Double-click on Clipboard in the recent Items list, or click Create

Expected result: A new document with dimensions of 100px x 100px
Actual result: A new document with the previously used width and height.

It only works if I click on a different recent item and then click on the clipboard again.

This is extremely annoying as I use this feature frequently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This issue has already been reported and will be fixed in a future release, I would have thought it would have been the 23.5 update that fixed it, but sadly not

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working on V23.5 with Monterey 12.5 ;-(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a lot of litle thing s like this now most of them feature updates not even bugs.

(why i am asked if i want to save on my computer?)

My solution in case someone did not already post.

solution; when new document dialogue opens , click once on the custom size to the right of clipboard size then click back on clipboard. hit return size is now correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest update dropped just a day ago v23.5.0 this issues persists.

I copied something to the clipboard.

Opened PS

Select new from clipboard

I got an edit area with TWO weird edit areas:  One was smaller and was not the correct size and another one kinda greyed out that was very large.

I have my window set to an area about the size of my display on my laptop but not using the full screen "green dot" on a MAC window bar.
Great, looks like it now worse than we we all started this thread.

Not impressed with this update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

apologies for this, but im getting frustrated.

right click copy image from other source

go into photoshop ctrl n shows size of suggested clipboard, 

enter, then ctrl v and either a completely different part of my screen is pasted into, or the image i right clicked but at a really random size?

Im not new to the programme, (used v1!) im just getting frustrated

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

extra steps, but this works, so appreciated, frustrating as it is!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I'm running Photoshop v. 23.5.0 on Mac OS 12.5.1.

I found a recurring problem (bug?) on July 1, when running v. 23.4.1. I waited until the release of v. 23.5.0 to hopefully see the fix. Alas, the problem continues. See my attached screenshots and descriptive captions.

In my first screenshot, . . .image001.jpgplease note the dimension of the selected image file (see arrow) in this first of two screenshots.

Next, I selected the “Layer 520” file, then clicked “File > Copy.”

. . .

In the second screenshot, look at what opens after I click “File > New” after copying the selected layer file. Instead of the new file being the same dimension as the copied file, the new file that I created appears in a different size! (See the above screenshot. I copied a file that’s 498 px wide by 790 px high [see arrow]. However, as the following screenshot reveals, the new image file is created in a different width and height: 177 px wide and 204 px high.)

Problem:  The dimensions that appear for the new file don’t match the copied file’s dimensions!

image002.jpg

Is there something I should change to force the retention of the copied dimensions for the New image file? Or is there a reliable workaround I can use until Photoshop engineers upgrade to a version that rectifies this bug?

Many thanks, in advance.

Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, just finished "updating" Photoshop, it said it was BUG FIXES, a major update... Yeah, right... THE SAME BUG IS STILL THERE. Take a screen grab/clip/shot or whatever you want to call it, and Photoshop STILL uses the LAST document size. Come on adobe, get off your lazy backsides and FIX THE BUGGY SOFTWARE THAT YOU HAVE NO TROUBLE CHARGING FOR EVERY [cursing removed by moderator] MONTH!!!! 

Better yet, STOP CHARGING UNTIL YOU FIX THE [cursing removed by moderator] SOFTWARE!

still_screwed_up.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If tested it with Photoshop version 23.5 on Windows 10 21H1 and it work as it should. I see no problem.

Which version of Phortoshop do you use?

Please try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps described here and see if its help:

Preferences in Photoshop (adobe.com)

Please backup your settings before resetting the preferences. You can check:

Preferences in Photoshop (adobe.com)

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate