• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2022 object selection not working

Participant ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2022 object selection not working, Hovering over object sesection icon allows subject to show selection area, but clicking on it does not produce a marching ants selection. After doing this, the photo is overlaid on the opening page of Photsop and basically freezes. Other areas in photoshop initially seem to work OK. I have a PC , Latest Windows 10, Nvida G Force gt 730, 32G RAM. HP envy Desktop750 545xt

Can anyone help me with this?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same exact problem. I've had support people remote into my computer on several occasions but nobody seems to be able to fix this. It seems to recognize the objects and I can hover over them and make them blue all day but can't actually select anything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was an upgrade yesterday which I downloaded and the selections are
better but still no object selected via hovering over the icoc. Most
other things seem to work

--

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same object selection problem.  How were you able to contact support people?  I can't find any way to contact them.  Very frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day. I know how frustrating it can be, for sure. I'll put a link below this comment that should get you to the front door of Adobe's help center. Because I have been there a 'few' times I think I have it down pat and because Adobe seems to do a good job about who has visited the site. I had to deal with the automated process to get to a human being, the humans work from a script, and then after awhile was handed off to someone else that took over my hardware and made some changes (you can watch them do it). 

Anyway to make a long story short, I have been dealing with my isseS for a long time and it looks like the software has out grown the hardware and the hardware may have issues of it own. We all know what that means, I have to "sell the cat". Okay link below, good luck and I'll look for you! 

https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html?promoid=4JW79DZL&mv=other

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Ps 2022 today (Win 10 desktop PC - Ps 2022 rel. 23.0.2) and Object Selection is not working at all for me either.

I have the feature checked on in the Options Bar. I have the opacity, color to use for overlay, auto-refresh, etc. all set up from the options bar. I make the Object Selection Tool active in the toolbar. And, I wait for the spinny icon to stop spinning/processing.

The little gear in the options bar spins but I see no overlay when I do a cursor hover over objects after it stops. And, when I click on the icon box (options bar) that's supposed to show all the selected objects with an overlay none of my objects is covered by an overlay to highlight them.

If I use the Layer > Mask All Objects menu item it will create the stacked layers with masks for each of the objects on their own layers - even though it is exceedingly slow doing so. (With Ps 2022, Adobe seems to be nuking my AMD proecessor's use - when I tried the new neural filters Ps 2022 was caused AMD timeout error msgs (my drivers are current) so I turned off using GPU processor in Ps 2022. Would that have any impact on the Object Selection features not working? No one mentioned that above and they're having issues too).

Any expedited fixes would be greatly appreciated. My primary work is making composites. So this feature was going to be a tremendous time saver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get mine to work either despite all the recommendations.  If I go to a previous version of Photoshop it, of course, works but that's not an ideal solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on my PC  but on my laptop it works albeit slowly. This facility is one of the best in the programme and to find it is not working in the 2022 update is very disappopinting.

I understand that there is a message that the graphics card is not compatable with the update,  BUT has any user paid for a new card, quite expensive, and is it now working?  I am prepared to spend about £150 if this works but !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a new, custom Win 11 PC since my last post in this discussion. I was told that Ps completely fried my old GPU & its connection to the motherboard of my Win 10 desktop PC.

The tool now works on my new PC. AMD RX3800 XT, Intel i9 12th gen. Running latest rel. Ps 2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm finding myself in a similar situaton. PS has outgrown my 'recently' purchased laptop. So, after many attempts at getting this thing (PS) working again,  I may have to get a new laptop or give up on the application, which I do not want to do. Good Luck to you and everyone else! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried Affinity?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yikes! Thank you for directing me th Affinity. Here is my problem; I'm sure you have heard the expression "You can't teach an old dog new tricks". Guess where I fit in. . . . I have been using PS since the 'daze' of diskettes and I keep getting my mind blown about how much I don't know about the product. So, Adobe has me by the proverbial toes! Thank you for pointing me to Affinity. If I were younger, I would go for it! 

One last thing is, the Adobe Community has been very helpful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can relate! I use Ps & think it would take a lot to learn a new host & tools; even if virtually Ps-like in design (like Affinity). Good luck with your system!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Really and what is a little funny is that I just stumbled on your reply. I'm not giving up, I'm going to rattle cages and make calls to figure this out. One thing that I was told, by the retailer, was that most laptops cannot have their chips replaced, so that may be the root cause why the applications out grow the hardware. It is a vicious circle. Adobe has me by the peoverbial toes! Good luck right back! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here too. Watching a tutorial that shows it is so easy. Made sure all settings were correct, no luck. I have last weeks update  Frustrated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have to admit I was defeated as well.  Believe it or not, I called Adobe and my call was answered in less than 5 minutes.  An extremely helpful individual tried loads of things (unsuccessfully) while having control of my computer and eventually decided my graphics board or caard or whatever it's called wasn't adequate for the new update.  Then my computer guy said my ancient computer couldn't handle any larger a card.  Now I have a new computer, a new card and about $1500 less in my pocket but it does work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is another posting "like" this one, hopefully they will see it too. When I contacted Adobe, they indeed were friendly, no complaints there and the retailer was pretty helpfull and both described the issue as being the graphics card. Now, just this past week, a friend had a professional come over to his home to pick-up the family laptop for some work and looked at mine while they were there. To make a long story short, he took one look at mine and said that maybe upgrading to Windows 11 might address the issue. We could not upgrade for some reason. I have NOT hear of this being the problem but as soon as I can, I'm going for it and will let the results be known. . . 

Good luck, I for one and not happy as I use Photoshop a lot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not happy as well. I have Windows 11 and a new computer.My graphics
card has NEVER been a problem with any Photosop App except for this one. I
thought compatibility with Win11 might have been the problem but I am no
expert in this matter.Looks like the Jury is still out.. Please keep me in
the loop and thanks for the reply..

--

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new PC with one of the latest graphic cards. It’s a little better but far too slow. Adobe really need to get this sorted.

Sent from Outlook for iOS<>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh man o man. You and "davidc84758818" are not giving me too good of a feeling about Windows 11 having a positive affect or effect for that matter on the product. I have written before, I have been using PS since the days of disks and never had an issue until now and it looks like we are not alone. Rats! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wish I could tell you which solved the problem--the new card or Windows 11
but the problem was solved after the change from my old computer to my new
(both Windows 11 and the card were installed at the same time).

--

*Sanford S. Hartman, MD, MBA*1664 Hillshire Place
Atlanta, Georgia 30329
sandyhartman18@gmail.com

*Scientists say the universe is made up of protons, neutrons and electrons.
They forgot to mention morons.*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just so you know, my comment about win 11 was a purely non expert opinion

--

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 11, a very powerful new PC with one of the latest graphics cards and the most up to date edition of Photoshop that I pay Adobe for each month. All the facilities worked perfectly on the old PC. Why was the latest edition of Photoshop released with so many operational problems. ADOBE GET IT SORTED NOW!!!’

Regards David
Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not alone and "they", the retailer and me can't figure it out. I'll keep trying. What is a little funny is even the two previous versions are crashing. I am totally bummed out, but won't give up! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone from Adobe ever read and/or relpy to these comments?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines