Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing a lot of lag/drag when doing the following:

• Painting with normal paintbrush
  • Selective mask dialogue/refine edge tool
  • Blending brush

I'm a photographer working on 45MP images with multiple layers (TIFF or PSD) so the files do get quite large, but I'm hoping that I don't have to upgrade to a new computer.  Here's my specs:

Screen Shot 2020-01-01 at 8.44.29 AM.png

I've tried doing pretty much everything recommended in the Optimize performance help page, with little to no noticable results.  Does anyone have any recommendations?

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the slow and laggy performacne of Photoshop, as you've already tried multiple troublesooting steps, could you please try deselecting "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

Also, could you please try enabling "Legacy compositing" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using your recommendations, here are my settings (I tried both, first one, then the other, then simultaneously), and the GIF attached shows the results.Screen Shot 2020-01-01 at 1.36.49 PM.png

Kapture 2020-01-01 at 14.19.14.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a note - I just tested the exact same settings in Photoshop 2019 CC and it worked flawlessly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to see that I am not the only one experiencing that severe lag with brushes. I have a Mac Mini 2018 3.2Ghz and 64 Go RAM and it does the same thing. Have you try a solution other than buying an eGPU?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines