• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 22.4.1 Save as PDF feature MISSING

New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the new version of Photoshop yesterday and now the Save As PDF option is completely missing. I use that about 1000 times a day and really need it back ASAP. Is anyone else having this same problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble. You can find the option to Save the files to PDF under File, Save a Copy. For more info, please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new/2021-4.html#save-a-copy

Let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble. You can find the option to Save the files to PDF under File, Save a Copy. For more info, please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new/2021-4.html#save-a-copy

Let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems as an unnessasary new "feature", we, who work with photoshop daily, are custom to use our shortcuts, now we need to learn another. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@NordjyskB wrote:

This seems as an unnessasary new "feature", we, who work with photoshop daily, are custom to use our shortcuts, now we need to learn another. 

See page one (and I suggest only page one) with the correct answer to why this was changed:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/p-save-as-formats-have-disappeared-photoshop-22-4/td-p/1203...
And:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new/2021-4.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seit Version 22.4:

Nutze Photoshop auch zum Scannen. "Speichern einer Kopie" ist zeitraubend, wenn man als Datei nur ein *.pdf will. Bei "Zuletzt verwendete Dateien"  wird nur das Original (IMG*.bmp) angezeigt, das nicht benötigt wird. Ein schneller Zugriff auf die zuletzt gespeicherten PDF-Dateien ist nicht mehr möglich. Weiter muss man beim Schließen des Programms jede IMG*.-Datei im Dialogfeld  "Nicht speichern" anklicken und im Windows Explorer löschen.

Hier wäre eine Änderung des Workflows wünschenswert (*.pdf als Original).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also encountered an issue when using the Save as Photoshop PDF option, which doesn't reflect the change to this functionality. Like others, I use this feature too often for "Save a copy" to be useful, so I've reverted to 22.3.1 and I'm back in business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO YOU CAN'T!
Even the screenshot on your link shows that PDF is not available as a file option!
THIS IS NUTS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

EDIT

Ok - there seems to be a limitation on when the PDF option becomes available. I've been working on a large format print image that is 5800x2800mm at 300dpi. At 100% the Save as PDF option is not available but if I reduce the file size by 50%, then it magically becomes an option!

Go figure? Bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Assuming you're on version 22.4 Adobe have changed how the Save/Save As works, more info

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new/2021-4.html

You can revert to an older version from the Creative Cloud app if you need to get the old way of saving back

2021-05-11 11_27_19-Creative Cloud Desktop.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's there in the Save A Copy option, but is useless for anyone working on tight deadlines and needing to save more than one file format and then catch a ferry! But as usual, they try to make it look like they've done us all a favour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please bring back the  'Save as PDF'  option in the 'Save as' menu and not in the "Save as a copy" menu.

This is not an improvement to the program!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaulthitih9nz4pfi , @Capt. Buffy Tufton HK ,

Version 22.4.2 now includes PDF in the Save menu.

Additionally, new options in preferences offer more customizations that I hope will help you (re) accelerate your workflow.

MarkDahm_0-1623450261144.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines