Photoshop 22.5.3: What's new?

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Adobe web page on legacy PS versions shows that the latest 22.X.X is 22.5.3. However, I did not see it available for downloading, and the "Fixed issues..." page shows 22.5.2 only. What is new/fixed in 22.5.3, and when it's going to be available? Thanks.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021
Photoshop 22.5.3 should be available in the Creative Cloud desktop application right now. I believe the fixes in 22.5.3 are related to a security update originally in 22.5.2 which prevented some TIFF files from opening in 22.5.2 that had previously been able to be opened in prior photoshop versions. So adobe fixed the TIFF opening issue in 22.5.3 which had been discovered in the 22.5.2 update. Photoshop 23.0 - cannot open TIF files, generated in other programs

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 22.5.3 should be available in the Creative Cloud desktop application right now.

I believe the fixes in 22.5.3 are related to a security update originally in 22.5.2 which prevented some TIFF files from opening in 22.5.2 that had previously been able to be opened in prior photoshop versions.

So adobe fixed the TIFF opening issue in 22.5.3 which had been discovered in the 22.5.2 update.

Photoshop 23.0 - cannot open TIF files, generated in other programs

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this fix would be very welcome!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just unistalled 23.0.1 with Adobe CC cleaner and installed 22.5.3 which is still giving me the "could not open because it is not the right type of document" error on my TIF files. How far should I go back to fox this, 22.5.1? Created with Capture One 9 Macintosh.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just unistalled 23.0.1 with Adobe CC cleaner and installed 22.5.3 which is still giving me the "could not open because it is not the right type of document" error on my TIF files. How far should I go back to fox this, 22.5.1? Created with Capture One 9 Macintosh.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

22.5.1 worked for me.. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks all, I was able to open them with 22.5.1.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines