• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 22.5 : Still huge lag while using hue/saturation sliders on Windows 10

Participant ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm on windows 10 and I have both photoshop 21.0.3 and 22.5 on my computer and I can report a big lag in the hue/saturation sliders in 22.5 (when it's perfectly fine in 21.0.3). There's also a lag for "color replacement" and "brightness/contrast" sliders (the lag is a bit less important for "color replacement" though still sensible). To be clear I drag the cursor of the mouse/pen along the slider and the arrow of the slider is lagging way behind, and then it catches up without having crossed the remaining length of the slider.
Those issues happen both with the mouse or a cintiq pen. The lags are more important if the resolution or the size of the image increases.
It's very very annoying. Please please please fix this. I don't have a very fancy use of photoshop but those are basic functions and I'm unable to work with that. I still have to use a version that is now more than a year old while still paying for updates...

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 29, 2023 Dec 29, 2023

I just solved it. Turn off windows ink on your drawing tablet

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Participant ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They replied but apparently the problem remains. Per chance, I retained a copy from photoshop 21.0.3 and stay with it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hue/Saturation adjustments

I have the same problem, Make an adjustment using Hue/Saturation - come back in an hour. Workflow is killed. 

• Hardware - Latest Macbook pro Max 32GB
  • Photoshop version - 23.2.1 
  • File size is large - 3.2GB PSB format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally, it seems the last update did the trick. The problem seems solved with the May 2022 version... Can those who experienced the same issue check if it works for them ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An improvement. Not back to pre-21.0.3 but probably the best its been since. Still have to have native canvas disabled - with it enabled (unticked in technology previews) they're still unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My bad, indeed it's faster than before but still slower than 21.0.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no change on PS 23.3.2 on my system. Curve points move smoothly on full image but very slow on zoomed in. Maybe you are testing differently somehow? Or maybe there are multiple problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this lag seems to be fixed in the last updtae but now opening a file is way slower ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That hasn't been my experience - still seems to be not great lag-wise, though usable with Technology Preview > Disable Native Canvas ticked, but really terrible with default preference. Opens at the same rate as before - but my machines use all NVME for working and cache so might be hard to spot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2023 Dec 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just solved it. Turn off windows ink on your drawing tablet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines