• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 24.0.1 freezes a few seconds after launch

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I launch Photoshop it freezes and stops responding after a few seconds. All I can do is end task with task manager, but the problem persists next time I launch it.
I've updated my drivers, uninstalled/reinstalled completely, waited and waited to see if it would start responding again, deleted the font cache, deleted the preferences/settings, and still there's no change to the issue.
Please help. The program is completely unusable at present, and I'd really prefer not to cancel my subscription, but I'm not going to keep paying for a program that literally does nothing.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much RAM and spare hard disk capacity do you have?

It might be worth installing the previous version of Photoshop until the issue with the current version is resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try running the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to remove all traces of the Adobe software before reinstalling it (yet again):  https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you restart the computer, does Photoshop launch and run correctly the first time? Is it just subsequent launches that fail after the first time you quit Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update to 24.1 which was released yesterday and restart your computer. Let me know if this solves your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines