• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 24 changes to dialogue window behaviour

Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've upgraded to photoshop 24 and now pressing the esc key on a pop up window opens the adobe help website rather than just closing the window. It also seems to choose ok rather than cancel. In the passed I'd just click esc and the window would disappear as if I'd clicked cancel on the dialogue window 

Two examples that are really annoying me and slowing me down: I click on a smart object with the brush tool by accident, rather than the layer I want to paint on. Clicking escape now rasterises the object and opens the help page, rather than just closing the pop up window and leaving the smart object. (there is no option to tick don't show again on that window)

I work with hundreds of layers, sometimes to quckly check if a layer is empty I command click it to see if it tells me no pixels were selected, then click escape to close it. Now I end up opening the help window.

I have to work very fast (I illustrate a book a week), and these new changes really slow me as I'm so used to working the way I have done for 15 years. The smart object thing is a real problem as I automatically click escape nd then rasterize the object without noticing, instead I have to actually click the cancel button on the screen, there is no short cut to cancel the window. And having websites open all the time also slows me down

Does anyone know a way to revert back to the old way of working without reverting to the old version?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that pressing the ESC key still cancels a dialog window. I tested it, and it still appears as the default keyboard shortcut:

It could be an issue with Preferences, so you could try resetting them.

If that doesn't work, then you might uninstall Photoshop and reinstall it.

You could also check your keyboard shortcuts by going to Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts... See what is associated with Edit > Search and Help > Photoshop Help... in the Application Menus. Those commands both open the Discover panel as opposed to your default browser with the Adobe Help website, though. That's why I think it could either be a preferences or installation issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply but that hasnt worked. I've reset preferences and that hasnt fixed it. I've filmed it to show what is happening: I try to paint on a smart object layer, click escape when the warning pope up, the help web page opens and the layer is rasterized

it's like escape now selcetts both 'OK' and 'Learn More' at the same time.

I've still got the previous photohsop version so I'm having to use that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes that is the exact same thing, only it happens on more than just the rasterization window, also the empty layer alert and maybe more too. I did search the forums but missed that post sorry! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines