• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 3D design idea

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I'm trying to help a friend design a product and then animate how it would work in 3D to show potential investors. It's basically a plastic box with a few removable bits and a reversible lid. Is Photoshop the best way to achieve what I'm trying to achieve within the Adobe suite? Any video tutorials would be really helpful if anybody happens to know where I can find some. Thanks so much for your help in advance. Peter 🙂 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop has only very basic modelling abilities (simple extrusions /shapes). Whether they will be capable of modelling your items depends on the shapes. In addition rendering in Photoshop is very slow (it uses the CPU) which may be acceptable on a single frame but on a multiframe animation could tie up your computer for hours or days.

If you are starting out in modelling, I would recommend the free and very powerful Blender 3D application.  It renders on the GPU.

I am a great fan of Photoshop, but it is definitely a case of horses for courses here.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, thanks for the response, I really appreiate it. I've downloaded Blender. I had to upgrade my machine to 32GB of ram just to run Photoshop 3D. It's painfully slow. Hopefully I can achieve what I'm trying to with Blender. Thanks again Dave. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I model and render in Blender then bring the output into Photoshop for compositing.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Blender is a great 3D tool to learn... don't make the nub mistake of just mucking about with it but goto one of the education sites and get at least basic training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would use Iclone... Adobe has nothing great for that task

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would rather use Dimension + Aero…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines