• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 3D features are being removed

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of Photoshop 22.5, released in August 2021, Photoshop’s 3D features will be discontinued. 3D features have enjoyed long success within Photoshop over the course of  10+ years, however the personal computing industry has recently been transitioning away from use of OpenGL  (having to do specifically with the use of GPUs, which is critical for 3D) toward native GPU APIs, which ultimately began the slow deterioration of Photoshop’s 3D features, all of which needed OpenGL. As difficult of a decision as removing 3D features from Photoshop is, the silver lining is that the next generation of 3D content creation tools from Adobe is already here. Check out the Substance line of 3D products.

For more details, please visit Photoshop discontinued 3D Q&A.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 207 Replies 207
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Thank you!

I thought the dozens of mockup templates I bought were useless but this fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

silver lining?

you get to pay extra for a product that only works in Windows in order to do the same job

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do lots of 360 Pano.

How do I edit out the tripod now that I can't use the "Spherical Panorma" mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since some features we are losing are not strictly 3D workflows, such as Lighting Effects and Spherical Panorama, we are investigating other ways to cover some of these items.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the old spherical panorama editing in photoshop never really worked well, a new method of spherical pano editing would be very well recieved by many users now that 360 panorama cameras like Ricoh Theta Z1 have become more mainstream 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sam.  Adobe never fix the bug where 16 bit is allow in the "Spherical Panoroma".  You always have to degrade to 8 bit.  Adobe is strange and a funny company.  Their release is always full of bugs!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please come up with a replacement to Lighting Effects soon. I know as a user I can replicate the effects with masks and gradient overlays etc. but these aren't the same and it's a much more intensive process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didnt think lighting FX meant blending options and layer styles like outer and inner glow wouldnt work anymore, do you guys have any idea how often these are used in many peoples workflow?  ITS GONE! You cant save your blending options anymore and you cant convert to another profile with them.  They have stopped working completely!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure we are losing inner/outer glow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That has nothing to do with 3D removal - layers styles and blending options are still core functions and remain. If they are not working for you then you need to examine why - start a new thread if you need help.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for giving me important and deadly information.
I immediately operated Creative Cloud to stop automatic updates.
Both desktop and laptop Photoshop, which I use with the same account, currently have 3D capabilities.
Until I become familiar with the next spherical photo retouching software, I will cherish my current version of Photoshop.

Also, from around June, when I used the 3D function, Photoshop started to generate fatal errors such as memory leaks.
To avoid that, I try to reset my preferences when I quit Photoshop.
As a result, I can use Photoshop without accumulating defects and without seeing memory leak errors.

I also commented on the following site.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ricoh.theta.z1/posts/1493403494326631/?comment_id=1493495300984117

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the spherical panorama will no longer be supported you will loose this customer right here. Bad move Adobe, bad move!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one too. I'm sure there are many more. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats exactly right!

I am now trying to figure out how to remove my tripod in the 360 Pano if I can't get into the "Spherical Panoram" world.  Adobe is a bad company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaultd903arvj5diy wrote on 18 August:

If the spherical panorama will no longer be supported you will loose (sic) this customer right here. Bad move Adobe, bad move!

Adobe did not say that. This is what Pattie-F said earlier in this thread:

378887B1-6EE6-4EBD-B704-C1A5CFD714D6.jpeg

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ich bin SEHR unglücklich, dass die 3D funktion eingestellt wurde. Ich habe diese viel benützt. Ich bezahle schon die Cloud und nun soll ich noch für die 3D Produktelinie von Substance bezahlen. Das finde ich nicht in Ordnung. Es bleibt mir wohl nichts anderes übrig als eine alte Version von Photoshop zu installieren.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand the decision, given the advanced features that others 3D software have comparing with photoshop, but removing the existing features that already in photoshop only lead to NEGATIVE RESULTS.
I, for example, work with 2D illustration, and for years I've been using the same mockups that were created using the 3D tools in photoshop. After the update, those files are no longer working properly. With the removal of the feature, I'm going to have a huge delay and a huge loss of money, cause I'll have to hire 3D professionals to create hundreds of new mockups. I'm an independent professional, not a company, so this will put me in a alarming and critical financial situation. Now I'm having to use the old version of PS, but I pay the expensive monthly fee precisely because I would like to keep the program always up to date, because photoshop always releases new amazing features that make our workflow a lot easier.
I sincerely hope that more people share this opinion and that Adobe take it back with this feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ich hoffe auch, dass Adobe die 3D Funktion wieder einbaut. Auf YouTube habe ich ein Vido von Substance Designer angeschaut https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3LsSQKp34M. So wie es aussieht ist es sehr kompliziert ein Modell zu erstellen. Ich habe Photoshop 3D wegen der Einfachheit geliebt. Ich brauchte das vorallem um unkomplizierte Modelle für z.B. Adobe Dimension. Zwei Lösungen gibt es für mich: auf meinem MacBook Pro eine alte Version von PS zu installieren und auf meinem grossen iMac die neuste Version von PS. Oder ich werde Blender lernen. Ich habe mich damit schon etwas beschäftigt. Das Programm ist gratis und es gibt sehr viele gute gratis Tutorials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AGREED

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new update locks up photoshop and causes all kinds of crazy things for me, cropping an image ran my CPU percentage nearly 50% and would lock it up. I had to revert back to the prior verson.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I am in the "Spherical Panorama" mode, the panning is super super super slow and jerky!  This happen with the latest release of 22.5.

Did any of you experience this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so disappointing. The absence of the spherical pano will end my ability to work with a combination of photo and drawing! Hiding the tripod....no big deal ....but being able to move between spherical and flat painting and edits is crucial to my art. I really hope that Adobe will find a way to continue to support this process without strong-arming artists into purchasing additional software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have been buying and using mockup files to make product mockups of my cushion designs. These use images of rooms with 3D functions applied. This allows me to apply fabric designs to cushions in the images. I only use images that are real or look so real you almost can't tell the difference. I want the images to look as if my cushions are really in the image. I can't afford to have real product shots in real rooms yet.

If the 3D functions will no longer work in PS how do I get the same effect with the new apps? Can you use images in the same way? Ie do you warp the fabric design to follow the contours of the cushion and does the texture come through from the image of cushion fabric when you apply a fabric design? Or do you have to create a virtual 3D room from scratch?  I've seen some images from the new apps and they don't look real enough for my purpose. 

Also I've never actually created 3D effects, just used files that I bought and applied my designs.

Please can you advise?

Thankyou

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

seems the only advice they have is using an older version of photoshop -_- which wont wok for long

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I don't have anything against having the 3D features in a seperate program. - I am mostly interested in learning how to create modern (fantasy) 3D raster logos (with special effects) without needing to move into "more intensive 3D software" like Blender and Maya... Is this something that the new line will support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines