• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 6.01

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it's old but so am I and it's good enough for me.

Worked fine until I "upgraded" Windows 10 to build 2004 now I get the dreaded "Unable to continue because of a hardware or system error. Sorry, but this error is unrecoverable". 

Tried all the online advice about Ctrl+Alt+Shift to no avail.

Uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled opened OK once but second time same error, done this twice.

Question is simple, can it run on this windows version, if so how?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's completely irrelevant as all 64-bit Microsoft operating systems can run 32-bit software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll have to try on a windows 10 machine on the same computer as i have that windows 11 install and get back to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it seems to run now, without any compatibility settings, on this machine with a windows 10 install, which i know it didn't a year and half ago when win 10 got installed.

Don't have a definitive answer as to why except some update that either purposely or inadvertently changed something in the win 10 os. I believe whatever the issue is, it's related in some way to the processor on the machine, since we also have an older win box with the latest windows 10 running on a Pentium dual core

and ps 6 on that machine was never affected by any of the win 10 updates.

Screenshot-(963).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm also on 19044.1766 but with Win 10 Enterprise LTSC, which has a slower update schedule. Perhaps a fix will come through eventually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my word!  Photoshop 6 is a relic.  Who on Earth would want to use it 2022?

You'd be better off with Photoshop Elements.  It doesn't have all the bells & whistles of Photoshop CC but it's 1,000% better the PS 6 was.

Photoshop Elements (under $100, no subscription needed).
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Creative Cloud Photography Plan (approx $10/month for 12 months). Includes the following:

• Photoshop CC and Photoshop on iPad
  • Lightroom on desktop, mobile and the web
  • Lightroom Classic
  • Portfolio website + hosting
  • Creative Cloud Express (free starter plan)
  • Bridge
  • 20 GB cloud storage (upgradable to 1 TB).

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Adobe Express Premium ($10/month).

• Creative Cloud Express app (web and mobile)
  • Premiere Rush (video editor for desktop and mobile)
  • Photoshop Express (mobile)
  • Spark Video (mobile)
  • Spark Page (mobile)
  • Adobe Portfolio + hosting
  • 100 GB of cloud storage
  • All premium templates and design assets including the entire collection of over 160 million royalty-free Adobe Stock photo collection.

https://helpx.adobe.com/express/using/express-overview.html

Creative Cloud All Apps (51 + apps & services) and Single Apps Plans
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently, there are many of us still using Photoshop 6 because when Windows 10 broke it we all had to work out how to fix it. I own PS6 and I use it every work day, mainly for editing screenshots and hundreds of shape-based 16x16 and 32x32 software icons that I have drawn over the years. It takes only seconds to install, and doesn't require any online licence checks, so I install it on all my PCs. I seriously doubt Photoshop Elements would be ten times better for my requirements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quoteI own PS6 and I use it every work day, mainly for editing screenshots and hundreds of shape-based 16x16 and 32x32 software icons that I have drawn over the years.

I seriously doubt Photoshop Elements would be ten times better for my requirements.

By @Michael Csikos

============

I see.  Well you don't own the software, Adobe owns it.  You have a limited license to use it. 

On HI-RES screens, 32x32 would look like a tiny speck.  And 16x16 would be unthinkably small.  These days, Windows devices use 256x256 pixel icons.

You're making guesses without adequate information. I think you might be very surprised by modern software improvements. But hey, don't take my word for it, get a free trial and compare for youself. 

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements/free-trial.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MichaelCsikos_1-1655343386565.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completamente decepcionado pela forma desleixada que a Adobe vem tratando os aplicativos. Estamos pagando para testar os aplicativos. Vou fazer o mesmo. Vou fazer um downgrade ou até mesmo mudar de aplicativos. Estou testanto os Afinnity Photo e por enquanto estou muito satisfeito.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines