• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop and Lightroom CC /Mac compatibility

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before I jump to Photoshop and Lightroom CC I need to know if it is compatible with my computer.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013)

Processor 2,7 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB

Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

Will this computer be fully compatible with the new CC versions of Photoshop and Lightroom classic?

Thanks,

Martin Gravgaard

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You’re not checking the single most important thing, the version of Mac OS. You also need a LOT of free hard disk space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running an updated OS and should have enough SSD disk space, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please don’t say your system is ”updated”, please check the actual version. What is it?

Please don’t say you have “enough” space. How much do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fair enough:

MacOS Sierra 10.12.6

Disk space: 100GB SSD

What I really hoped for was to hear from someone who has tried running it on a machine like mine. Right now I run Photoshop CS6 and I have graphic update issues meaning that my masks are often not updated in real time, only when I change tool, move image etc. or do some other action to "end" my editing will it update the mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a machine with exactly the same spec as this. I am running the latest OS and the latest PS and LR from CC. Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 14.08.04.jpg

I have a Canon 5Ds and 5D MKiii and I process many RAW images in LR. One of my catalogues has over 100,000 images in it. I regularly create PS documents that are in excess of 30 layers deep with Adjustment Layers and Layer masks. The image below was about 37 layers as I built the fish from scratch.

Piscis Mettalicum Comp.jpg

Along side the Image editing I also do some video work in Final Cut ProX and Motion 5 which is processor intensive and some 3d environment work too.

There is only one issue I have had recently and that is the fans have been working too hard on MDS tasks(spotlight indexing) on startup and I have noticed that working with 3D objects(complicated ones) in Photoshop, can be a struggle.

As an allrounder this computer is amazing and has served me well.

Hope that settles it!
Butch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks great, there

Thanks, that was just what I needed to hear! I also do video work in FCPX. The computer is great really, can't believe it is 5 years old now, hope to keep it for at least one or two more years.

Regards, Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Let's see now.

Your system is not up to date. Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6 is the latest release of Sierra, but High Sierra (10.13) is newer. HOWEVER, current Creative Cloud apps should be fine in Sierra. High Sierra breaks a lot of apps so plan carefully when you update to it, you may need to buy new apps (but not Creative Cloud apps).

The storage for this Macbook was 256 GB or 512 GB, so I guess that the 100 GB is free space. Not a whole lot, but probably enough unless you work on really large work.

So... this passes the system requirements. I see you've heard from someone with the same spec (except system).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see, so I'll stick to Sierra for a while then, thanks.

Disk is 512, free space really varies a lot...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines